April 22nd, 2018, 11:27 pm

How long should a uprooted and transplanted tree be left for before its given liquid nutrient?
AllThingsGreen

April 17th, 2018, 7:13 pm

Any one knows where I can get some
Shrua

April 17th, 2018, 7:12 pm

Seedlings not seed
Shrua

April 17th, 2018, 7:12 pm

Hi all I am looking for Scots pine seed
Shrua

March 30th, 2018, 11:11 am

My maple bonsai is dying. Within a week it went from green leaves to crisp dark brown green wintered leaves. I watered it heaps everyday. But then some of the ends of the branches started to go brown and soft. I don’t know what’s wrong. It’s been in part shad and morning sun. The soil is very moist. Any ideas or help?
Alanaamm

February 28th, 2018, 10:48 pm

When is the best time to prune a kurrajong which has bolted. Thanks for any advice: newbie jpamela
jpamela

February 24th, 2018, 1:18 pm

Hi, I’m new to this forum and so glad I found it as there is heaps of info on here. I have moved from Cairns to Canberra to be with grandchildren and we are moving into a very small area and I don’t have room for my collection so I am going to have to sell my trees which I am told by the previous owner, that they are nearly 50 years plus and grown from cuttings. Unfortunately they have been neglected and need pruning but I don’t have the time so I have to sell. I have Some Jade which are about a mtr high. If anyone is interested please call on 0419961796 and ask for Paul and I will send pictures .
Funerals1

February 11th, 2018, 11:05 am

I have a 45 year old Port Jackson fig, yellowing leaves,looking very poorly, north facing veranda, can someone please advise?
STM

December 26th, 2017, 7:48 am

There are many plants designed for other purposes that are turned into very good Bonsai. Even though this has been suggested as a hedge there is no reason it wont make a good Bonsai. As a for instance a Red Gum is a 45 m tree and can be turned into a very stunning Bonsai. To post on the forum for more assistance go to Board Index then Bonsai Cafe should get you started for some assistance. Cheers
KIRKY

December 25th, 2017, 9:36 pm

From what I can gather on google this is a plant you grow into a hedge. Please tell me that I, and google, am wrong.
buddingbob

December 25th, 2017, 9:34 pm

I'm new to this forum and can't find a way to post a question, but here goes anyway. Last Christmas my daughter gove me a bonsai (fig) which she had bought from bunnings. I figured that I needed to learn a bit about bonsai so enrolled in a course. Now I have the fig, which is doing well, and a Juniper. I've been happy with these two trees, they have certainlyu given me an interest that I never had before. Jump forward to today, all three daughters gave me a "Bonsai" and a card that brought tears to my eyes. How do I tell them that something that costs $20 from Bunnings is not a Bonsai? It is an "Euonymus Japonicus" "Tom Thumb"
buddingbob

October 19th, 2017, 1:18 pm

Hi guys, I am trying to post in forums but am getting error message. Is anyone else having any issues posting?
Laurynangela

September 16th, 2017, 11:18 am

I have a bonsai that was given to me by my dad and is approximately 15yrs old. I have not maintained it and it needs some desperate love and care. I wanted to join here for advise. I have photos if I can post them for suggestions??
NickHumphreys

September 16th, 2017, 11:17 am

Hi Guys,
NickHumphreys

September 3rd, 2017, 2:39 pm

new assistant curator
Ian Lawson

August 17th, 2017, 3:19 am

Well no offece but dosent seem like anyone wants to help a rookie i have done my research myself and have chosen a few different plants.Sure ill be fine plenty of info on the net I'll leave all u masters alone
Nicko horticulture

August 14th, 2017, 2:23 am

Hey I am new to the art of bonsai was wonder what ideal species to begin with.Just bought a small ficus rubiginosa i am letting that do its thing but i am enchanted by the magic of bonsai and wish to start a couple more plants on there journey.Any suggestions for any species suited to informal up rigth shaping and to the north coast of nsw would be appreciated.
Nicko horticulture

August 12th, 2017, 8:57 am

Hi where can I buy quality carving bits to suit deemed in Sydney?
Matthew Wood

July 8th, 2017, 4:19 am

Hello?? Anybody can guide me??? If iI want to buy some products so what should I have to do??
Sami udin sarwar

June 21st, 2017, 9:40 pm

Lots of people in chat tonight. So who's started their repotting? I'm starting my JBP next week
KIRKY

June 11th, 2017, 6:03 pm

John(JP)
John(JP)

June 11th, 2017, 6:03 pm

Anyone into these beauties
John(JP)

June 11th, 2017, 6:02 pm

Noticed some talk about Arbutus Unedo(Strawberry Bush Irish) some time ago but little since. Obtained one through Craig at local club CBS. Has been left in same position Winter & Summer and grows beatifully producing loads of flowers but no fruit. It is a Shohin so maybe fruit some years off.
John(JP)

May 22nd, 2017, 5:13 pm

boo
Bonsai_creations

May 20th, 2017, 8:55 pm

Hi All, If anyone is looking for adeniums please check out our website www.adeniumplants.com.au have a good day!
Geoff Caso
• Updates every 15 Seconds