[SELL] Trident seedlings available

Australian bonsai classifieds where you can sell or swap anything bonsai related - For Free. Tree's, pots, seeds, stands, tools etc.
Forum rules
You must have made a minimum of 50 posts on AusBonsai before you are able to advertise here.
You must read and abide by all the rules in the following thread viewtopic.php?f=97&t=1573
shibui
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: trident maple
Bonsai Age: 41
Bonsai Club: Albury/Wodonga; BSV; Canberra; VNBC

[SELL] Trident seedlings available

Post by shibui »

Our trident maples have self seeded prolifically in the garden beds again this year and Margrit has started her annual winter garden tidy during which most of the seedlings will be removed.

If anyone wants trident seedlings they are just $1 each - 50 or more half price.
There are also some that managed to avoid the cull last year and are now 1-2 cm thick - $2 each. Note that I'll have to prune these to be able to pack and post them.

All these seedlings will be supplied as they come out of the ground. They have had no root pruning. Some just have a single tap root, others have some lateral roots but in any case I would advise pruning the roots hard before you pot them up so they produce good lateral roots. Most of the seedlings are just a single trunk. The smaller ones vary from 2mm - 6mm thick.

I will also have a limited number of Japanese maple seedlings available this year. Same prices as tridents.

Looks like I can pack and post to most places for $15. Orders for larger ones might cost a little more.

Sorry to WA and Tas. Can't supply you guys because of quarantine restrictions.

PM or email neil@shibuibonsai.com.au for any questions or orders.
Last edited by Bougy Fan on June 15th, 2015, 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://shibuibonsai.com.au/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Raymond
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Olive
Bonsai Age: 4

Re: [SELL] Trident seedlings available

Post by Raymond »

shibui wrote:Our trident maples have self seeded prolifically in the garden beds again this year and Margrit has started her annual winter garden tidy during which most of the seedlings will be removed.

If anyone wants trident seedlings they are just $1 each - 50 or more half price.
There are also some that managed to avoid the cull last year and are now 1-2 cm thick - $2 each. Note that I'll have to prune these to be able to pack and post them.

All these seedlings will be supplied as they come out of the ground. They have had no root pruning. Some just have a single tap root, others have some lateral roots but in any case I would advise pruning the roots hard before you pot them up so they produce good lateral roots. Most of the seedlings are just a single trunk. The smaller ones vary from 2mm - 6mm thick.

I will also have a limited number of Japanese maple seedlings available this year. Same prices as tridents.

Looks like I can pack and post to most places for $15. Orders for larger ones might cost a little more.

Sorry to WA and Tas. Can't supply you guys because of quarantine restrictions.

PM or email neil@shibuibonsai.com.au for any questions or orders.
:tounge: :tounge: To the WA Govt...
Wayne R
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Camellia Japanese Maple
Bonsai Age: 0

Post by Wayne R »

shibui wrote:... Sorry to WA and Tas. Can't supply you guys because of quarantine restrictions....
Adam Savage - Mythbusters wrote:I reject your concept of reality and substitute my own.
And I also :tounge: :tounge: the WA Govt.
Peace
Wayne
shibui
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by shibui »

Bloody Sandgropers. :P You guys live in a really great place and spend all your time complaining :shake:

Show some initiative: plant a trident maple in the garden this year and in 2 years you'll have more seedlings than you know what to do with. :D
shibui
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by shibui »

For all those who do NOT live in WA or Tas :shake:
There are still plenty of smaller trident maple seedlings left if you need some. The head gardener has fractured an ankle which means we have a few more weeks to recover as many as we want :D ( Ooops that doesn't look too sympathetic does it - :( for the busted foot, :tu: for the opportunity to get some more seedlings :) ) Time to shut up before I get into more trouble :shake:

All the larger ones have gone and nearly all of the Japanese maples but even after the Wagga club members took what they wanted there's still tridents left. Most in the 20-30 cm tall and 2-3 mm thick range but a few up to twice that.

What can you do with trident seedlings :?:
1. Start some quality shohin bonsai as Steven has done - viewtopic.php?f=138&t=20154
2. Thread some seedlings through holes drilled in sheet metal plates to start incredible nebari - see the link above. You can also drill several holes in the plate and thread a number of seedlings through to make a multi trunk tree or a single trunk with exaggerated nebari.
3. Plant them out in large pots or in the garden to grow bigger trunks for future bonsai.
4. Put some together as a trident group.
5. Plant some in deeper pots for a year so they grow longer roots then start some Root over Rock tridents next winter - https://shibuibonsai.com.au/growing-root ... ck-bonsai/
6. Bind a bunch of seedlings together to make a fused trunk trident.
7. Graft new roots on any tridents that have a deficiency in the nebari department.
8. Got a trident that needs extra branches? Use seedlings and thread graft to put a branch just where you want it.
Neli
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Tropical
Bonsai Club: Bonsai alaminutte

Post by Neli »

Fusing is sooo good! Large trunk in no time!
I ask lots of questions that sound like suggestions. Please remember I am a inquisitive newbie trying to figure out why You made a particular decision, in order to learn.
I started a blog:http://nelibonsai.wordpress.com/2013/07 ... a-nursery/
Neli
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Tropical
Bonsai Club: Bonsai alaminutte

Post by Neli »

I was going to post in Steven;s thread, but thought maybe it is not good.
This seedling was much smaller than yours and was planted over a plastic packet. I hope it can inspire some people.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=18605&p=205060#p205060
Last edited by Neli on July 1st, 2015, 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I ask lots of questions that sound like suggestions. Please remember I am a inquisitive newbie trying to figure out why You made a particular decision, in order to learn.
I started a blog:http://nelibonsai.wordpress.com/2013/07 ... a-nursery/
Leela
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Cochlospermum gillivraei
Bonsai Age: 2

Post by Leela »

I would be interested in some of your 2 year old seedlings if you still have any available.?

I'm keen to give them a go in Mackay

Thanks
shibui
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by shibui »

Last Summer was hotted than usual so not as many trident seedlings survived the dry weather. Then the Head Gardener went beresk with the roundup and wiped out even more. Wagga Wagga bonsai club members came last weekend and cleaned up a few hundred more BUT there are still a few little potential bonsai available.

At this stage I'm just offering small (approx. 2-4 mm thick) - bundle of 20=$10 and micro (up to 2 mm thick) - bundle of 25 for $10
Shipping cost should be $10 for most orders.

I have a 'groups' workshop in Canberra early August so I'm saving any larger seedlings in case anyone there needs some to put a group together. After that they will also be available - Larger- more than 1cm thick = $ 2 ea; medium - 6-10mm thick $1 each and medium small - 3-6mm bundles of 15 for $10.

I can also supply Japanese maple seedlings for the same prices but numbers are more limited. First in first served.

Before the Sandgropers and Taswegians get started - NO :!: The quarantine laws won't let me send seedlings to you guys, sorry.

Not sure what to do with tiny maple seedlings :?: Check out what Steven has achieved in just 12 months: viewtopic.php?f=138&t=20154&start=15
Ryceman3
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Pines & Mels
Bonsai Age: 7

Post by Ryceman3 »

Ahhh bugger... I seriously meant to ask about the availability of these today!!??! :palm:
In any case, I think I got plenty to keep myself busy for a bit.
:beer:
Grainer
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Age: 25
Bonsai Club: BSV

Post by Grainer »

pm sent
Freestylebonsai.com - Release the spirit of the tree
Ethical Yamadori Bonsai Australia
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1634059 ... ?ref=br_tf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
shibui
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by shibui »

Just a reminder that I still have trident maple seedlings available:
Not too many of the large and medium size this year but plenty of the smaller ones still available.
Larger trunks @ $2 ea
trident seedlings - large.JPG
medium - around 6-10mm diameter @ $1 each
trident seedlings med - $1 ea.JPG
medium/small - around 3-6mm, bunch of 15 for $10
trident seedlings med-small - 15 =$10.JPG
small - 1-4mm thick, bunch of 20 for $10
trident seedlings small - 20 =$10.JPG
micro - up to 1mm thick, 25 in a bunch for $10
trident seedlings micro - 25 =$10.JPG
Please note that these are straight out of the garden, Some have few radial roots but being tridents they will easily produce new lateral roots when you shorten the long vertical roots. You will also note that most have very little taper or side branching.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Buy, Swap or Sell Anything Bonsai Related”