[SELL] Pine Seedlings ... and some other stuff

Australian bonsai classifieds where you can sell or swap anything bonsai related - For Free. Tree's, pots, seeds, stands, tools etc.
Forum rules
You must have made a minimum of 50 posts on AusBonsai before you are able to advertise here.
You must read and abide by all the rules in the following thread viewtopic.php?f=97&t=1573
Ryceman3
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Pines & Mels
Bonsai Age: 7

Post by Ryceman3 »

It has come to this ... :crybye:
In order to make room for upcoming projects I need to clear some space and that means my pine babies need to be re-homed, alas it's time to go!
All pine seedlings were grown from seed and have had root work performed to have them ready for future bonsai. You can check out what I did in detail if you wish in this thread here :
viewtopic.php?f=131&t=25843
I consider them all to be in very healthy condition (otherwise I wouldn't sell). There are plenty with multiple budding/branching and all are still showing growth as we head towards winter. They are all in individual square seedling punnets which fit 12 snuggly into a standard size seedling tray ... which is handy!

So here is what I have :
Japanese Black Pine :
I have about 50 or so of these. Heights vary from 75mm for those sown later (October - in front in the below pic) to 200mm for those sown in early Spring ... 40 of these are from this early Spring batch (the bigger ones!)
black pine.jpg
Scots Pine :
I have approx 30 singles ... average height on those that had standard root work in Spring is 80mm. Those that were stem cut are smaller but all are showing great signs of growth/budding so they should take off next year.
scots pine.jpg
Austrian Pine :
Same as the Scots, approx 30 for sale at similar heights and with similar vigour. I have a few with multiple trees planted together also available.
austrian pine.jpg
Japanese Red Pine :
Only have about 6 of these available, average height on those that had standard root work is 100mm - slightly smaller for the stem cut ones.
red pine.jpg
Pine Groups :
I have various "groups" of pines and a few random guys that are looking for new digs ...
pine groups.jpg
Random randoms :
And I have a few trident maples, chinese elms and a couple of other bits and pieces which may interest some people - sneak peek below.
random others.jpg
Pricing :
Because each tree is an individual and has it's own personality and potential I will painstakingly consider the worth of each one and set a price accordingly ... :whistle: ;)
Seriously, I am thinking $6 for the individual pines in the punnets for quantities between 1-5 seedlings ... dropping the price to $5 each for anybody who takes 6 or more.
That price again !
1-5 seedlings =$6 each
6+ seedlings = $5 each

For those multiple plantings I think we'll have to negotiate because I'll be here forever if I list them all. Same deal for the random other items (tridents/elms etc.) As an example though - I would think $20 or so for the group of seven Scots Pine in the above image (Pine groups) sitting on the left hand side.

Pick up in Melbourne only (because I am lazy and know nothing about posting trees ... I'll leave that to shibui et al!).
I'm happy for people to come and check them out before they buy if we can arrange a mutually agreeable time - PM to set something up.

I will truly be sorry to see them go... but ... you gotta move on!

:beer:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MJL
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Maples, Elms, Cedars and Pines
Bonsai Club: Waverley Bonsai Group & Yarra Valley Bonsai Society

Re: [SELL] Pine Seedlings ... and some other stuff

Post by MJL »

Cheers R3 - I look forward to numerous of your pine offspring joining my pre-bonsai collection. You are my pathway into pines - I own a total of none - until - now! I will try to treat them well.

Bonsai teaches me patience.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tending bonsai teaches me patience.
Ryceman3
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by Ryceman3 »

MJL wrote:Cheers R3 - I look forward to numerous of your pine offspring joining my pre-bonsai collection. You are my pathway into pines - I own a total of none - until - now! I will try to treat them well.

Happy to help you on board the pine train! It’s a fun ride...
:yes: :beer: :yes:
pebble
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: JBP
Bonsai Age: 5
Bonsai Club: Illawarra Bonsai Society

Post by pebble »

I would really like to get one of the scotts pines. Would be happy to pay you for your time and post to get it to Wollongong safely

im a total newb
JimmyBanks
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Age: 0

Post by JimmyBanks »

Is that the Melbourne CBD in the background? If it is I’m keen to get some... then I’ll just need to sit down and figure out what/how many I want.
Ryceman3
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by Ryceman3 »

JimmyBanks wrote:Is that the Melbourne CBD in the background? If it is I’m keen to get some... then I’ll just need to sit down and figure out what/how many I want.
It is the Melbourne CBD, it’s within walking distance. Happy to help you out, PM me when you know what you’re after.
:yes:
CurtisVincent
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Picea
Bonsai Age: 10
Bonsai Club: Bonsai Society of Sydney

Post by CurtisVincent »

Hey Ryceman3!

Very interested in some of those pine seedlings you have, particularly the scots pines and Japanese red pines! Just wanting to know a couple of things, where did you source the seeds from? How long have you had them growing for and also how many of each have you got left?! Very interested in potentially purchasing some from you, I'm sure we can arrange something in the near future. Thanks!

Curtis
“We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time."

- T.S Eliot
Grainer
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Age: 25
Bonsai Club: BSV

Post by Grainer »

Hell yes.. PM sent for the Scotts
Freestylebonsai.com - Release the spirit of the tree
Ethical Yamadori Bonsai Australia
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1634059 ... ?ref=br_tf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ryceman3
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by Ryceman3 »

STOCK UPDATE :
JBP : Larger size, 6 left, smaller ones (root work in Dec), 7 left.

JRP : SOLD

Scots Pine : SOLD ... I think, just waiting for confirmation from the interested party. I wouldn't want to get hopes up and disappoint but I will update if they are still available.

Austrian Pine : Still plenty of these left for those who want to have a go at something a bit different to your JBPs. I know I have seen a few that Alpineart has styled after collection, there's plenty of potential in them, check out a few he posted in this link for inspiration!
https://www.ausbonsai.com.au/forum/view ... 03#p237145

Still some young chinese elms and a few of the twisted trident maples from this thread https://www.ausbonsai.com.au/forum/view ... 29&t=25766 available if anybody is after something other than pines.
pebble wrote:I would really like to get one of the scotts pines. Would be happy to pay you for your time and post to get it to Wollongong safely

CurtisVincent wrote:Hey Ryceman3!

Very interested in some of those pine seedlings you have, particularly the scots pines and Japanese red pines! Just wanting to know a couple of things, where did you source the seeds from? How long have you had them growing for and also how many of each have you got left?! Very interested in potentially purchasing some from you, I'm sure we can arrange something in the near future. Thanks!

Curtis
Sorry Pebble and Curtis - I'm not keen to post interstate as I don't have the experience with it to guarantee you'll get what you paid for at the other end intact. As for your other questions Curtis, check out the link in my original post for all the answers. :yes:

Thanks to all who have been in contact for your interest and I hope those who got a few have as much fun developing them on from here as I have growing them to this point.
Grainer
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Age: 25
Bonsai Club: BSV

Post by Grainer »

Hi Ryceman,

Not to hijack the thread.. I also have a lot of JBP seedlings that can be up for sale as well once all yours are sold :)
Freestylebonsai.com - Release the spirit of the tree
Ethical Yamadori Bonsai Australia
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1634059 ... ?ref=br_tf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ryceman3
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by Ryceman3 »

Just confirming that all Scots Pine are now sold - but don't forget the Austrian Pines and there are a still a few JBP!!
Last edited by Ryceman3 on March 8th, 2019, 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MJL
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Maples, Elms, Cedars and Pines
Bonsai Club: Waverley Bonsai Group & Yarra Valley Bonsai Society

Post by MJL »

Hey R3,

Best of luck selling the remainder of your Austrian and JBP seedlings. For those looking to pick up the rest - I’d recommend grabbing any remaining quality seedlings from a quality bloke.

After a bloody good but bloody long day - starting at around 5.30am to help organise a fantastic International Woman’s Day (IWD 2019) event in the city - I found myself not too far from R3’s abode and decided to pick up my order accordingly - an excellent way to finish the day. So mate, here are some of your seedlings at their new home.

I’ll try to do good by your hard work in the years to come.
IMG_0155.jpg
Cheers

Mark

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by MJL on March 8th, 2019, 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tending bonsai teaches me patience.
Ryceman3
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by Ryceman3 »

MJL wrote:Hey R3,

Best of luck selling the remainder of your Austrian and JBP seedlings. For those looking to pick up the rest - I’d recommend grabbing any remaining quality seedlings from a quality bloke.

After a bloody good but bloody long day - starting at around 5.30am to help organise a fantastic International Woman’s Day (IWD 2019) event in the city - I found myself not too far from R3’s abode and decided to pick up my order accordingly - an excellent way to finish the day. So mate, here are some of your seedlings at their new home.

I’ll try to do good by your hard work in the years to come.
IMG_0155.jpg
Cheers

Mark

Cheers mate :beer:
Lovely to meet you and look forward to seeing what you make from your pines... you’ve got a few there to work with! Happy to help (assuming I can!) if you have any further questions, it was cool to put a face to a name.
:cool:
Ryceman3
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by Ryceman3 »

OK, I have made some space but still need to make a bit more ... I have plenty of Austrian Pine left so I'll drop them to $3 a seedling - that's cheap :o ! If you take a tray full (12) I may even round it off to $30 ... happy days - I'll get some space and you'll get a dozen pines to play with - bargain! :)
Still a few JBP to go also - probably about a dozen of them so if you want to take them all we might be able to figure out a price ... buy in bulk and save!!
My operators are standing by for your PM... ;)
sjc
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Age: 1

Post by sjc »

If i weren't working nightshifts... and live 1700km away you'd definitely end up with a crumpled human and excitable border collie on your doorstep to buy all you've got. Calling in sick and going on a road trip with the dog seems like an eminently better idea.....

Hope you manage to find new homes for everything mate

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Return to “Buy, Swap or Sell Anything Bonsai Related”