(SOLD) Large Aiba Koyo tray (MELB)

Australian bonsai classifieds where you can sell or swap anything bonsai related - For Free. Tree's, pots, seeds, stands, tools etc.
Forum rules
You must have made a minimum of 50 posts on AusBonsai before you are able to advertise here.
You must read and abide by all the rules in the following thread viewtopic.php?f=97&t=1573
TimS
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Japanese Maple
Bonsai Age: 9
Bonsai Club: Waverly Bonsai Group

(SOLD) Large Aiba Koyo tray (MELB)

Post by TimS »

With the end of the forest tale comp i have moved the group out of this sensational tray and into a cheap one, so this is back on the pot shelf.

It is by Kouichiro Aiba who recently passed away in 2021 and the Koyo Kiln now taken over by his son under the name Juko. It is a very large tray in a turquoise oribe glaze, dimensions approximating L:70cm W: 45cm H: 3.5cm. No cracks, not even from firing, no chips in the paint, no damaged feet nothing whatsoever. Phenomenal show pot you are unlikely to see another like in Australia.

I'm not looking to grow groups again, much less need an exceptional show pot for them, so i offer this up for sale. I will also consider a swap/ part exchange situation we mutually agree to for Ume bonsai.

If it doesn't have any takers on here (understandable it is very expensive) it will go into the Waverly club sale day in August, but it will be a few hundred more expensive there to account for the club comission.

So, the price is $1,500 on here and probably $1,800 at the show in August, so if you are keen save yourself the money now. Pick up only No postage as there is no way i could possibly guarantee it wouldn't be damaged in transit.

Happy to supply more photos if desired.
koyo.jpg
5.jpg
4.jpg
3.jpg
2.jpg
1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SquatJar
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Age: 5
Bonsai Club: SA Bonsai Society, VNBC

Re: (SELL) Large Aiba Koyo tray (MELB)

Post by SquatJar »

A lovely pot for sure and the price is quite reasonable in my opinion. Large pots this size and quality certainly are rare but I can guarantee there's at least one other in Aus, and I'd be surprised if there wasn't a couple more :D

Good luck with the sale and I hope this beauty gets showcased on here when its new owner plants it.
Life's too short for boring pots
TimS
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by TimS »

You are correct, by no means the only one in existence in Australia and not my intention to suggest it was! But rare here for sure, and rarer for sale.
SquatJar
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Age: 5
Bonsai Club: SA Bonsai Society, VNBC

Post by SquatJar »

Absolutely, a rarity to see a Koyo this size for sale, anywhere in the world. When you first posted about this pot it inspired me to find one for myself, and that took a couple years. Compare this to Koyo's in the 50cm range which are dime a dozen, at a guess there'd be between 20-30 for sale online and easy enough to find at any given time.

Sorry for hijacking your sale thread, hopefully these few comments keeps it on the home page a little longer for the future owner to see. Good luck with the sale.
Life's too short for boring pots
TimS
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by TimS »

If you are comfortable to share a photo (or PM to me if you would prefer not to show photos of it widely) I'd love to see what you found mate

Koyo were and continue to be prolific so there is no shortage of their pots, though i think Juko is more towards the smaller sizes these days, but these extremely large trays are very very uncommon. I listened to a Mirai podcast i think it was with Tracy Francis and she talked about how hard it is to fire large pots, let alone ones this big.

Seems a shame to have it sit on the shelf at my place gathering dust when it really deserves to be seen with a beautiful forest in it.
TimS
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by TimS »

Tray is now sold pending arranging payment & pick up....
TimS
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by TimS »

Pot is sold and off to a fantastic new home

Return to “Buy, Swap or Sell Anything Bonsai Related”