(SELL) Tim's 'nothing is cheap but everything is good' bonsai and pot sale [MELB]

Australian bonsai classifieds where you can sell or swap anything bonsai related - For Free. Tree's, pots, seeds, stands, tools etc.
Forum rules
You must have made a minimum of 50 posts on AusBonsai before you are able to advertise here.
You must read and abide by all the rules in the following thread viewtopic.php?f=97&t=1573
TimS
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Japanese Maple
Bonsai Age: 9
Bonsai Club: Waverly Bonsai Group

(SELL) Tim's 'nothing is cheap but everything is good' bonsai and pot sale [MELB]

Post by TimS »

Hi all

I've decided it's time to start rationalising the situation at my house a bit, and free up some cash to sink into a new motorbike. If you are familiar with 2 wheels then you'll know the only cheap part of motorcycling is the fuel. It's time to turn my attention to a few trees and pots that could be moved on to free up some money and let other use/ appreciate them. There will be more than this first post as i seem to have exceeded my maximum number of photos i can upload in one go :tu: so i'll add below once the post is approved.

Nothing here is particularly cheap, this isn't a nursery stock type sale, it's a move on a few good pieces and some very nice pots situation so you have been forewarned. I will put a note against the trees/ pots i would be willing to entertain a reasonable offer on, but i'm not going to be giving away stuff either just for the sake of it

#1 and probably the biggest surprise is Big Kohuna, the extremely large Ginkgo. While i do love this tree, i have far more sentimental attachment to Ginkgo Comes Home, and another smaller dwarf ginkgo i have. If you are new to this tree, there is a thread titled "Big Kohuna" floating around somewhere on here. It's a straight species ginkgo ground grown, my guesstimate of age would be 40-50 years old but could well be even older than that as it makes my other 27-year-old Ginkgo look like a twig in comparison and they are extremely slow the thicken. Price is $950 which is quite low compared to the only other large ginkgos i've ever seen at Bonsai Farm which is in the $3000 range. Willing to entertain a reasonable offer on this one.

phots as it is now
BK1.jpg
BK2.jpg
As it is in leaf
Sum23a.jpg
Sum23b.jpg

#2 Ezo Spruce originally from Treeman. Old tree, Mike said 40 years old and i believe it from the bark. Copped a little bit of frost at my place very late winter so it's not looking it's absolute best right now, but buds are shooting away happily now (photos below). If you want me to hang onto it until all the buds shoot before you collect it i can do that. I'll just ask what i paid for it so I'm not pissing on Mike's strawberries. No offers on this one thanks, just want to find it a new home that will take it forward$150
ES1.jpg
ES2.jpg
ES3.jpg

#3 If the big stumps aren't your thing, here's a Shohin Japanese maple air layer. This is a seedling maple, not a named cultivar, i found at a bonsai nursery many years ago. It's actually quite an old tree, it's from the year 2000, so 23 years old. It has a wonderful naturally short internode length contrary to most 'straight' Japanese maples. It was the top of the bonsai i purchased and then layered off back around 2019 or so, and have been developing since. With the tree comes the beautiful Murrumbung pot in a tea brown glaze with blue highlights that is $100 just for the pot, i want to say it is a woodfired pot but i can't recall 100%. $250 for a maple with naturally small leaves and short internodes ready for the next stage on to be a wonderful little tree. No offers on this one thanks, the price is specifically just enough to cover my costs of original plant plus pot.
SM1.jpg
SM2.jpg
SM3.jpg
SM4.jpg
Onto the pots

#4 Want the best of the best show pot? Got a thing for quality Tokoname ware? Here is a stunning Koyo of the previous generation (Kouichiro now deceased) in the quintessential black clay no longer used. Very rare cream glaze with firing colours of tawny browns and subtle rivets for a bit more texture. Also a somewhat unusual being round, most tend to be ovals. Postage is possible, but will be additional price as i'll have to package it up very carefully for you. Reallistically this pot should be in the $1100+ range, but there is a limited number of people after pots of this quality so Lets say $850 Dimensions are 31.cm x 4cm
KC1.jpg
KC2.jpg
KC3.jpg
KC4.jpg
KC5.jpg

#5 Love Koyo but can't stretch to the cream one above? Want a larger and deeper pot for year round use? Here is a wonderful Koyo rectangle in the classic green oribe glaze i purchased from Rory on here for Ginkgo Comes Home. I found a unique Walsall pot for it, so this is just on the shelf now and deserves to be used. Same deal as with the ezo, i don't want to be trying to profiteer of other members so i'm only asking what i paid for it at $590 so no offers on this one thanks. Postage agains possible but will be extra on top. Dimensions are 38cm x 29cm x 7.5cm
KOG1.jpg
KOG3.jpg
KOG4.jpg

more to follow....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
railer
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Pinus
Bonsai Age: 1

Re: (SELL) Tim's 'nothing is cheap but everything is good' bonsai and pot sale [MELB]

Post by railer »

Hey mate, keen on the spruce. Will send you a PM.
TimS
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Re: (SELL) Tim's 'nothing is cheap but everything is good' bonsai and pot sale [MELB]

Post by TimS »

PM sent :tu:
SuperBonSaiyan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Shimpaku
Bonsai Age: 1
Bonsai Club: Bonsai Northwest

Post by SuperBonSaiyan »

Also keen on the Ezo, but first come first served.

If it doesn't sell, please PM me Tim.
TimS
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by TimS »

SuperBonSaiyan wrote: September 20th, 2023, 9:39 am Also keen on the Ezo, but first come first served.

If it doesn't sell, please PM me Tim.
No worries dude, I'll let you know if it doesn't sell
TimS
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by TimS »

Next up Terhata Mazan bonsai pot, i've had this for sale before then took it down when i put the ezo in it, now the ezo is out of it and the pot is for sale yet again!v

It came from Kobayashi's nusery in Japan, Tokoname Terahata Mazan unglazed shohin rectangle. Age would be in the vicinity of 30 years or so and has some very nice patina coming. Interesting detail with the chop beings stamped onto the front faces of the pot, Mazan is the main potter who does this, and is a nice point of difference. Would be a wonderful show pot for a shohin native, pine, juniper or Azalea.
Dimensions are L= 220mm, W= 190mm, H= 45mm. It was $300 last time and didn't sell, so let's go with $250 + postage
TM1.jpg
TM2.jpg
TM3.jpg
TM4.jpg
TM5.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TimS
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by TimS »

Ezo has sold and is off to a new home, all others remain available. :tu:
TimS
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by TimS »

Bumping this

The cream Koyo i can drop to $750 + postage with no further reductions on the price from here

The Terahata Mazan I will drop to $200 + postage with no further reduction on the price from here
Luke308
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: maple & pines
Bonsai Age: 13
Bonsai Club: S.A Bonsai Society

Post by Luke308 »

Hi TIm,

Is the little shohin Japanese Maple still avail?

Would you consider posting to Adelaide?

Thanks,

Luke
WHERE THE SAP FLOWS, THE WOOD GROWS
TimS
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by TimS »

Shohin maple is available but I won't be posting it, too delicate and likely damage to tree and pot

Mazan pot is spoken for pending it being checked out in person
TimS
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by TimS »

Mazan pot is now sold and off to a great home :tu:
TimS
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by TimS »

Final bump for the 2 Koyo pots before they go on eBay
TimS
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by TimS »

Removing Big Kohuna from sale, there's no way i'd ever find another one if i regretted selling it so best i hang onto it.
TimS
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by TimS »

Bumping the Japanese maple, if you want it cheaper I can put it in a small orchid pot for you and do $150.

koyo pots are also still available as I haven't got round to putting them on eBay yet
TimS
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by TimS »

Christmas Specials for what remains, all now under my own costs

Shohin Japanese maple $200 in murrumbung pot Pick up only (below my own cost

Cream vintage Aiba Koyo round pot $700 + postage (below my own costs)

Green modern Koyo pot $550 + postage (below my own cost)

Return to “Buy, Swap or Sell Anything Bonsai Related”