A little callistemon

Post photo's of your bonsai under-construction for discussion and inspiration.
si90
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Age: 0

A little callistemon

Post by si90 »

I picked this little Callistemon up from the bargain section of a nursery a few months ago as I really liked the thick trunk and abundance of low branches. I have since cut it right back, potted into a big bonsai pot to grow and then done some branch selection once it had put out some reasonable shoots.

I am thinking of doing a little bit of wiring then letting it grow on for the rest of the season. Let me know what you think and any ideas you have for improving the design, I'm pretty (very) new to this so I'd like to hear what you think.
callistemon 1.jpg
callistemon 2.jpg
callistemon 3.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Elmar
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: living trees!
Bonsai Age: 2

Re: A little callistemon

Post by Elmar »

Hi si90,
welcome to the forum! Do you know what species of Call. it is?
I love our natives and they (Calls.) are amongst the nicest! Make sure you read (and reread, and then reread it again) all the posts in the natives section and you'll learn heaps and know who to ask the difficult questions of!

Keep posting your update on this little number so it can be followed over the long term...

All the best. :tu:
Cheers
Elmar
si90
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Age: 0

Re: A little callistemon

Post by si90 »

Hi CoGRedeMptioN,

Thanks, I have been looking through lots of the callistemon posts on this forum, I think the paperbarks are my favourite.
This is a Callistemon salignus var. Great Balls of Fire.

cheers.

Return to “Bonsai Progression Series”