Natural Beauty - Wilsons Promontory

Tree’s that provide us with inspiration.
Hutch11
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Japanese Maple
Bonsai Age: 0
Bonsai Club: Yarra Valley

Natural Beauty - Wilsons Promontory

Post by Hutch11 »

Hey,

I recently got engaged down at Wilsons Promonotry and whilst going for a walk I came across this semi cascade tea tree leaning over some giant boulders.. I think I was more excited about seeing this natural beauty than I was getting engaged haha..

anyway below is a pic
more 091.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
aaron_tas
HARDKNOCKSBONSAI
HARDKNOCKSBONSAI
Favorite Species: ulmus
Bonsai Age: 100
Bonsai Club: south tas, Illawarra, Launceston

Re: Natural Beauty - Wilsons Promontory

Post by aaron_tas »

aw man that's awesome... so is that :!:

:D
inspired by nature,
considered superior to nature.
Rhiannon
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Age: 0
Bonsai Club: Northern Suburbs Bonsai Club

Re: Natural Beauty - Wilsons Promontory

Post by Rhiannon »

I swear that looks familiar. Do you recall which beach it was at?

I went to Wilson's Prom over the summer and it is now my favourite place on Earth. Hands down.

As beautiful as the wildlife encounters were, I also found beauty in the flora and some inspiration in the trees. The coastal tea tree in particular has some amazing shapes.

But I also did the Lilly Pilly Gully walk. Much of this area was devastated by last years fires, but the boardwalk remained safe. It was among the most stunning rainforests I have ever seen. Solely because it was just a wealth of growth. In particular, I was amazed at how the lilly pillies and the ferns had grown and intertwined to become one tree. Some would have the other species growing from it, only to then again have the opposite growing out of it.

I'll post some of my favourites. I imagine it would be beyond hard to bonsai, but it was definitely an inspiration from nature.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
.: may your organs fail before your dreams fail you :.

Return to “Inspiration from Nature”