Buxus 1982

Post your bonsai for critique by members. Virtual designs and restyles are encouraged.
melbrackstone
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: the ones that live
Bonsai Age: 28
Bonsai Club: Redlands, BIMER, VNBC

Re: Buxus 1982

Post by melbrackstone »

I think the pot on the right is a better proportion for your trees, and it'll allow you to leave some negative space...
dibly_w
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: chinese elm , swamp cypress and ummmmm buxus
Bonsai Age: 8
Bonsai Club: harmony tea garden highfields

Post by dibly_w »

CraigM wrote:Agree, seeing them side by side would agree blue container is too small.

When you get to repotting work slowly and comb out the roots, with the additional width in the new container don't believe you'll need to remove too much when you get around to it.
Potted the bad boys up today .
Looking alright I think .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CraigM
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Age: 20
Bonsai Club: Waverley, Vic Native and BSV

Post by CraigM »

Agree, think the additional space is much better. The addition of the rock works as well.
dibly_w
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by dibly_w »

Yeah def needed the space its akward with the 2 but they date back to 82 so I just didnt want to put them with a new tree unlessss I find a cracker with age . Thanks for your input much appreciated. .. bring on spring time !!
Andrew Legg
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: The ones that don't die
Bonsai Age: 15
Bonsai Club: Oyama Bonsai Kai, Ausbonsai

Post by Andrew Legg »

I think the pot is an improvement, but the rock ....... Well, let's say that for me the equal spacing between the three does not work. Looks a bit contrived. I also think the pure smoothness of the rock is out of character with the trunks. It looks a bit too much like a headstone to me! I think you should look at rethinking the rock thing. There is good news though. Rocks can be transplanted any time of the year. :cool: if I were you I'd hang a swing from that flatish branch directly above the rock. :whistle:
dibly_w
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by dibly_w »

Andrew Legg wrote:I think the pot is an improvement, but the rock ....... Well, let's say that for me the equal spacing between the three does not work. Looks a bit contrived. I also think the pure smoothness of the rock is out of character with the trunks. It looks a bit too much like a headstone to me! I think you should look at rethinking the rock thing. There is good news though. Rocks can be transplanted any time of the year. :cool: if I were you I'd hang a swing from that flatish branch directly above the rock. :whistle:
Haha cheers Andrew ... soooo Im guessing that you dont like the rock :lol:
I did take it out it was a bit of of place but just trying things out . And taking on advice and opinions.
The pot is an improvement , ill keep my eyes open for another pot for the future.

Return to “Critiques & Virtual Designs”