desert ash forest

Post your bonsai for critique by members. Virtual designs and restyles are encouraged.
Jarrod
Treat em mean
Treat em mean
Favorite Species: Pines
Bonsai Age: 6
Bonsai Club: Yarra Valley Bonsai Society and Bonsai Society of Victoria

Re: desert ash forest

Post by Jarrod »

Looking good though i totally agree with the removal of the tall left tree. Also suggest you let the trees you want big, ie closer to the centre, grow out for 12 - 24 month, while controlling the growth on the outer trees. Just to give them a bit more variance in the trunk thicknesses. Then start to develop some fine branching,

But all in all a great start to a forest that was obtained for free ;)

Jarrod
Jarrod

Treat 'em mean, keep 'em green.
Steven
Site Admin
Site Admin
Favorite Species: [color=green]Casuarina[/color]
Bonsai Age: 15
Bonsai Club: AusBonsai & The School of Bonsai

Post by Steven »

Nice work Antonio, this sure is great stock to be working on. Good forethought you had to put this together when you dug them up. Maybe FlyBri should do something like this with some of his Skyrockets?

Back to your trees... As Brad has already said, I'd like to see a path through the forest. Something to draw your eye in and assist with the realism. Just make sure that the path seems random, not in the centre, not straight and not an even width. I think with your passion and creative eye this setting has a big future!

Regards,
Steven
Check out the AusBonsai Store ǀ Wiki ǀ Blogs ǀ Gallery ǀ 360˚ ǀ
Remember to be polite and abide by the Spirit and Intent of AusBonsai
anttal63
Bend me twist me
Bend me twist me
Bonsai Age: 14
Bonsai Club: MYCLUB

Post by anttal63 »

thanks to all for your compliments and contributions, even you ace. your feed back has definately influenced what i have done next. brad and steven the one thing that makes this setting so seductive is the fact that it does draw you in big time. there is an enormous amount of depth and perspective. if you look closely there always was a path, a circular one that goes around and behind the middle clump. hope fully now that ive done the repot and tweaking it might be a little more noticable. by the same token, on this particular planting i didn't want the path to be dead obvious. i wanted that luring, seductive and mysterious feeling about the group. the big tree on the left stays for now, i have plans for that one :twisted: the work done now imo is done with its future developement in mind (and it does have some way to go yet) and not necessarily what is right or wrong now. please feel free to further comment and critique. again thanks to all of you. ;) :D
010720092888.jpg
010720092889.jpg
010720092890.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards Antonio:
anttal63
Bend me twist me
Bend me twist me
Bonsai Age: 14
Bonsai Club: MYCLUB

Post by anttal63 »

Asus101 wrote:
anttal63 wrote: anything you might suggest for my planting? :)
You wouldn't take my offering for a simply issue like root bound tree's, what makes you think I could offer anything to someone who has worked on enough tree's to last a lifetime?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards Antonio:

Return to “Critiques & Virtual Designs”