Callistemon-working since 2009

Post your bonsai for critique by members. Virtual designs and restyles are encouraged.
EJZ
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: native
Bonsai Age: 3
Bonsai Club: School of Bonsai

Callistemon-working since 2009

Post by EJZ »

Hi All,
I have been a member of Ausbonsai for a while now, and have decided :idea: its time I posted on this forum.
I have a Callistemon that I have been working on since 2009.
This tree was originally grown in the ground from nursery stock since 1999 until the owners decided to remove the tree to replace it with a fruit tree.
I found the stump and decided to put it in a container and see if it would grow, I was just starting to get interested in bonsai at the time.
There were two trees (stumps) however this is the one that survived.

I would appreciate any comments and/or ideas that anyone has that could be used to improve the tree. :tu:

Regards
Eugene
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Eugene
milly.abrahams
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: wild olive
Bonsai Age: 7
Bonsai Club: oyama bonsai kai

Re: Callistemon-working since 2009

Post by milly.abrahams »

I don"t have advice for you but I think this is very nice material.
I can't believe that you havent had other responses to your post yet Eugene.
==========================
Kind Regards
Milly
Watto
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Plum
Bonsai Age: 0
Bonsai Club: Goulburn Bonsai Society

Re: Callistemon-working since 2009

Post by Watto »

I'm not sure why we would be giving advice as you appear to be doing a great job already. This is great stock and is well on the way to being a fine bonsai. The shaping and styling is going along just fine, my only suggestions would be to take your time and find a really good pot, always my preference is hand made Australian pot by local potters.
Then in November pot it into the new pot. You will see this potential bonsai in a different and much more posituve light once it is in the pot. I am slowing learning about Callistemon and think they have great merit for bonsai.
Please keep us up-dated.
Check out my blog at http://www.ausbonsai.com.au/blog/Watto" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “Critiques & Virtual Designs”