To cut or not to cut?

Post your bonsai for critique by members. Virtual designs and restyles are encouraged.
banksia
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Melaleucas, Callistemons, Bougies
Bonsai Age: 14

Re: To cut or not to cut?

Post by banksia »

Another query!...as if this isn't doing my head in already :lol:
Pot selection has never been my forte, but I'm also wondering , that such a change may call for a different pot...or dare I say it, a slab!! :o
I'm not that cashed up, so it's not a major priority atm...just thought it would add another element to the finished display.
Thoughts? Ideas?

Cheers!
Anthony :tu:
Last edited by banksia on September 23rd, 2015, 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matt S
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Olive
Bonsai Age: 30
Bonsai Club: S.A. Bonsai Society, Victorian Native Bonsai Club

Post by Matt S »

Pot Selection - another can of worms!

Obviously this is a very personal choice but for me an unglazed pot would bring out the colour in that beautiful trunk. Oval with clean lines for me as the trunk looks feminine as does the nice domed apex. Time for a virt, but not now as once again I'm supposed to be working.

Matt.
EdwardH
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Those that survive
Bonsai Age: 0

Post by EdwardH »

Hi Anthony, nice tree. My only concern with removing the first branch on the left is that this then makes the lower upright section of the trunk look very long. If you chose to remove it you may want to consider lowering the first branch on the right. As for a pot, an unglazed oval pot would look best in my opinion.

Return to “Critiques & Virtual Designs”