Large unconventional Olive....

Post your bonsai for critique by members. Virtual designs and restyles are encouraged.
fishnfreak
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Age: 1

Large unconventional Olive....

Post by fishnfreak »

Any ideas????
Im thinking of totally removing the dead centre trunk or removing one side of the tree and carving the deadwood for character. Im happy with plenty of carving, halving it and creating 2 trees etc.
It has been 15months since flatbottoming it. I will be repotting it and inspecting the root growth in August.ImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Watto
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Plum
Bonsai Age: 0
Bonsai Club: Goulburn Bonsai Society

Re: Large unconventional Olive....

Post by Watto »

Firstly, good stock. From the growth on it I think it may need a bit longer before you disturb the roots that it has, to gain a bit more strength.
I would carve the dead trunk, quite close to the live piece and have a smallish slanting style. There is certainly plenty of carving work to be done, but I always think that carving should be done in stages.
Good luck with it. If I may suggest putting a location in for us so appropriate advice can be given. What is appropriate in Queensland may not be suitable in Tasmania.
Check out my blog at http://www.ausbonsai.com.au/blog/Watto" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “Critiques & Virtual Designs”