fulvic acid anybody use it

Share your ideas on re-potting, potting mediums and fertilisers.
peterb
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: olive
Bonsai Age: 5

fulvic acid anybody use it

Post by peterb »

Hi All
I was reading about this stuff on the internet and it's supposed to be the bees knees for crops etc to promote growth as it helps to chelate metals for absorption and it acts as a carrier to help the plant take up nutrients, it's derived from humus and is a refined humic acid does anybody out there use it on their trees especially the nursery men. I was also wondering if anybody has used house and garden roots excelurator and what your findings have been .

regards
peterb
Luke308
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: maple & pines
Bonsai Age: 13
Bonsai Club: S.A Bonsai Society

Re: fulvic acid anybody use it

Post by Luke308 »

Hi,

I havent used Roots excelorator as yet, but from the research I have done the Canna Rhizotonic is a much better product. I have been to nearly every hydroponic store here in Adelaide (trust me there are heaps) and this seems to be the consensus.

I use Rhizotonic instead of seasol or superthrive at transplanting, and I also use it for cuttings (soak the grow medium in it, and foliage spray). I also soak seeds in it prior to planting.

I believe roots excelorator is very similar however you can't foliage spray with it.

Whilst Rhizotonic is quite expensive it is used in very diluted amounts and lasts a long time. I use it at 4ml/litre as per the maximum dosage on the label, but the hydro guys se to think 1ml/litre is suffucuent for bonsai.

I did start a thread a while ago on this topic, but have been slack and not updated my findings as yet.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=11924&hilit=+superthrive

In regards to the Fulvic Acid, I was looking into this and have a bit of information somewhere at home. I will see if I can dig it up for you.
WHERE THE SAP FLOWS, THE WOOD GROWS
Luke308
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: maple & pines
Bonsai Age: 13
Bonsai Club: S.A Bonsai Society

Post by Luke308 »

Well after re-reading my initial post on this thread viewtopic.php?f=12&t=11924&hilit=+superthrive it appears I have some mixed up info.

Might pay to ask your local Hydro store what they prefer out of Rhizo and Roots excelorator?

I have been using rhizo for the past 12 months with great success :tu:
WHERE THE SAP FLOWS, THE WOOD GROWS
peterb
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by peterb »

Hi Luke 308
Wish i had posted this before as I've just bought 500.ml of roots accelerator on ebay for$120 will use it and post my findings I'm very interested in this fulvic acid stuff plan to get some but can only get 20.lt drum , I'll use it and post my my findings as well, really appreciate your feedback
Regards
Peterb
Biofusion
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Age: 15

Post by Biofusion »

I use worm castings as my source of humus, I find it has low level of NPK very suitable for continued controlled growth.

This then breaks down slowly and adds humus (humid and fluvic acids as well) into the pot.

Because it is so biologically active, I find it also helps when applied with other ferts as it makes the nutrient more biologically available.

I only use organic fertilisers by the way. Chemical ferts will still help and this theory would still hold true. But organics being more slow release you don't have much worry of burning, or getting out of control growth.
fredman
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Acacia. Acer. Satsuki.
Bonsai Age: 10

Post by fredman »

So how do you find this stuff Peter? I'm also very interested in it...
peterb
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by peterb »

Hi Fredman
Mate i have to be honest , i haven't used it as yet :palm: . Reason being it's really hard to get at a reasonable price .Itried all the local co ops and places all wanting you to buy in bulk etc and then i sort of just moved on you can get it on ebay in small amounts but quite pricey. If you do use it please let us know and i think i'll revisit it. tell you what i'll get some on ebay and share my experience for this growing season :)
regards
peterb
fredman
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Acacia. Acer. Satsuki.
Bonsai Age: 10

Post by fredman »

Thanks Peter. I have ordered some from the people below. Apparently its a slow process that builds up the soil over time. I will certainly monitor it closely and give feedback. :fc:

https://www.fertnz.co.nz/verteblack-liquid-humates/
Last edited by fredman on October 23rd, 2014, 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
JaseH
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Cedar, Natives, Prunus, Maples
Bonsai Age: 1
Bonsai Club: Waverly, BSV, VNBC

Post by JaseH »

I purchased some a little while ago - it was recommended to me to help speed up decontamination of a vege patch which I had accidentally poisoned due to residual herbicide in horse manure :( I applied it once, lost the rest of it, then gave up on the vege patch. So like the others cant really report on how well it works.
‘The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago.
The next best time is now.’
~Chinese Proverb

Hachinoki Bonsai Pottery: FB | WEB
RogerW
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: all
Bonsai Age: 28
Bonsai Club: Canberra Bonsai Society

Post by RogerW »

Yates product Uplift contains fulvic acid. I have found it very useful in promoting growth after re-potting and enhancing growth in struggling plants. This source is a lot cheaper than buying 20 litre containers.
pommie_mal
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Japanese black pine, juniper
Bonsai Age: 15

Post by pommie_mal »

Since Superthrive was withdrawn from sale in Australia I did a bit of research for substitutes.
For the last 12 months or so I've been using Floralicious Plus with good results. Mind you, I have only a small collection but all my bonsai are doing very well, especially the recovery after root-pruning.
Superthrive was a vey polarizing product, some swore by it, others thought it was worthless. I'm in the first catergory :2c:
From personal experience, although very limited, I have never lost a tree from root-pruning/transplanting/collecting while using Superthrive/ Floralicious. They seem to recover much better & grow very strongly & suffer fewer problems.
Here's the link to the stuff I bought of Ebay:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/GH-FLORALICI ... 1c2bb1b816
peterb
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by peterb »

Hi All
I have been using the roots excelurator and found it very helpful with repotting , my trees seem to have come back to life a lot quicker after repots than previously so will carry on with it till i've finished the bottle. Also used it on collected trees and haven't lost one since using it ( maybe i've just gotten better at collecting and aftercare ) :whistle: . Tried it on a pauls scarlett hawthorn graft i attempted , graft didn't work :x but the rootstock went gangbusters on me , couldn't keep on top of the suckers :shock:
regards
petrb

Return to “Repotting, Soil and Fertilisers”