Any advice for this fertiliser help will be great

Share your ideas on re-potting, potting mediums and fertilisers.
Joe.sab
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Azalea
Bonsai Age: 6

Re: Any advice for this fertiliser help will be great

Post by Joe.sab »

shibui wrote:
Thanks will do that , I got other two azaleas can I spray them as well or not?
If one azalea has lace bug then others will probably have them as well. Even if they are not showing signs now the bugs will still be breeding there. I treat all azaleas as soon as I see signs.
Look for leaves going a bit silvery. Sometimes you can see faint spider webs under the leaves. If you put a piece of white paper under the leaves then shake the branch you can see the bugs on the white paper.
Treating now will not fix the damaged leaves but it will kill the bugs so new leaves that grow will be good.
Hi shibui , i saw bugs I wasn’t see before yesterday and went to bunnings and they advised to use bug killa as in the picture i get it yesterday and put 5 ml or less on the pot of the azaleas and gardenia as it recommend per direction can you identify what are they ?
I bought lime sulfur as well but not sure how to use it , can i use them both or the bug killa enough.
Cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
shibui
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: trident maple
Bonsai Age: 41
Bonsai Club: Albury/Wodonga; BSV; Canberra; VNBC

Post by shibui »

Yep. That's Azalea lace bug.
The bug killa is good. It is little granules so you can just sprinkle it on the top of the pot. When you water it will soak into the soil and is taken up by the roots and goes to all parts of the plant. That will kill all the live ones. It is likely that they have laid some eggs so more will hatch out. Repeat in 3 or 4 weeks and again in spring to catch any that make it through the winter.

Don't use the lime sulphur now.
You can use lime sulphur to preserve dead wood on bonsai and you can also use it in winter to kill fungi and pests that are hiding on the tree over winter - must be diluted as per the label.
Some people say not to use lime sulphur on azaleas but others have used it without any trouble.
http://shibuibonsai.com.au/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Joe.sab
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Azalea
Bonsai Age: 6

Post by Joe.sab »

Hi shibui, thanks for your help from now on I will keep an Eye on the plants because I wasn’t have any idea about insects before :reading: .
I will post another subject for my Japanese pagoda tree as the leafs going with little white in them ,but unfortunately got some tests these days so hopefully will get free time in weekend,
Cheers

Return to “Repotting, Soil and Fertilisers”