Where to buy substrate in Perth

Share your ideas on re-potting, potting mediums and fertilisers.
DustyRusty
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Port Jackson Fig
Bonsai Age: 10

Where to buy substrate in Perth

Post by DustyRusty »

HI,

I moved to Perth recently from Sydney. Where can I buy a substrate suitable for bonsai? Used diatomite in Sydney but would be happy with something else if the particles were small enough and it held enough water. I live in Claremont, but happy to drive for the right materials.

Thanks for your help

DR
jonathanv
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Oak
Bonsai Age: 4

Re: Where to buy substrate in Perth

Post by jonathanv »

G'day Mate

Have a look at Woodvale Fish and Lily Farm, I use them for spongolite and some stone products. I've also had luck at hydroponic xpress in canningvale for pumice. Call ahead for sure!!!
Mbunro
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Age: 1

Post by Mbunro »

Bonsai society of WA has a show in morley in november.. i went to the one 2 years ago, and there was someone selling akadama and a few other substrates...
Cant make any promises that it will be the same this year but probably worth stopping by to check and have a chat with the seller..
I know a guy south of the river that sells high quality river sand in a few different grades and colours for a good price, if that interests you too.
DustyRusty
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Port Jackson Fig
Bonsai Age: 10

Post by DustyRusty »

jonathanv wrote:G'day Mate

Have a look at Woodvale Fish and Lily Farm, I use them for spongolite and some stone products. I've also had luck at hydroponic xpress in canningvale for pumice. Call ahead for sure!!!
Mate, thank you! Went to hydro express today. Got a big delicious bag of 1-7mm pumice. Perfect!

Return to “Repotting, Soil and Fertilisers”