Low nitrogen fertiliser in Western Australia?

Share your ideas on re-potting, potting mediums and fertilisers.
treeman
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: any
Bonsai Age: 25

Re: Low nitrogen fertiliser in Western Australia?

Post by treeman »

Kier wrote: March 25th, 2023, 5:31 pm Hoping to find out if anyone around Perth has ever found any low nitrogen liquid fertiliser (preferably 0-10-10 or something close)? I'm hoping to get some for my pomegranate. The closest I can find at Bunnings looks way off (0-2-14).

Looks like importing from overseas or interstate might not fly well with quarantine. :(

I'm gonna give a couple of the local nurseries a call next time they're open, but if anyone's found any somewhere already, I'd love to know where.

Thanks!
High P does nothing to help fruiting. Higher K than N is more important but also usually unnecessary.
The ratio of aprox. 1 - 0.3 - 0.8 (or 1 to 1.5 K) is perfectly fine for most applications including flowering and fruiting trees. There is less P in flowers than in leaves and probably less in fruit as well.
Mike
Kier
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Juniper
Bonsai Age: 0

Post by Kier »

That Neutrog product looks like the best option so far. I think I'll opt for that one over the Yates. :tu:
bonsaibrightlogpolar
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Age: 1

Post by bonsaibrightlogpolar »

I totally get your quest for that perfect low nitrogen liquid fertilizer for your pomegranate. Bummer that the closest option at Bunnings doesn't quite hit the mark. Importing from afar might not be a quarantine-friendly option, but no worries, mate! Give those local nurseries a buzz when they're open, and they might just have the golden ticket you're looking for. Stay positive, keep those green thumbs ready, and if any fellow Perth plant lovers have already found the secret stash, share the knowledge, folks! :imo: :aussie:

Return to “Repotting, Soil and Fertilisers”