[Category 1] Melaleuca linariifolia

Categories for all levels of enthusiasts and lots of great prizes. Submissions close 31st March 2010. Click this link to find out more...
Note: This Contest is already closed

Lynette
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Age: 20
Bonsai Club: Coffs Harbour, Australian National Bonsai Assoc., APBS

[Category 1] Melaleuca linariifolia

Post by Lynette »

I don't have much information on this tree, as I wasn't sure about it when I first got it. I think its about 5- 6 years old and I bought it in a local nursery. I have now grown quite fond of it. I trimed it a few weeks back hoping for more red of new leaves, but it has rained here for 3 weeks and not much growth has happened. I put it in this pot about 12 months ago and it is almost root bound already. The only problem with Melaleucas are they grow so fast and I have some insect that likes to chew on them and can leave a plant defoliated over night. This happened to this tree about 8-9 months ago and I thought I would lose it, but it has recovered nicely.
Lynette
mel2_1_2_1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ron
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Natives & Various
Bonsai Age: 1
Bonsai Club: Nepean Bonsai Society

Re: [Category 1] Melaleuca linariifolia

Post by Ron »

Hi Lynette,

I'm a newbie to bonsai and am still trying to find my species focus. It's trees like this and the other trees that you and others have put up on the forum that are making me look more and more at Australian natives.

Cheers,
Ron

Return to “Ausbonsai Australian Native Bonsai Awards 2010”