There's got to be a better way????

Forum for experimenting with BB code, testing your picture posting skills etc.
Ben10000
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Natives
Bonsai Age: 3

There's got to be a better way????

Post by Ben10000 »

Trying to upload pics??? I mean why do we have to resolve to writing scripts, and crap to upload a picture, also why is there such a small limit to file size, when uploading in a personal gallery account? All I'm saying is people these days take photo's from their phone and are at a certain size, with the increasing speeds of internet connections and the decreasing cost of storage (hard drives) cant the website allow larger filesize uploads? to keep up to the changing pace of what is the Interweb. LOL

Yep that's my whinge for the day, maybe i'll start my own bonsai forum??? LOL!!!!!!!!!!
If you cant make a tree look like a tree then bonsai would difficult!!!!
Bretts
Bonsai Philosopher
Bonsai Philosopher
Favorite Species: carpinus jbp
Bonsai Age: 12

Re: There's got to be a better way????

Post by Bretts »

From what I know this site allows the biggest download size of any bonsai site. At Least it did last time I compared.
I think some sites like face book will automatically reduce the file size for you as you upload. Not sure how hard that is to set up or if I would even like the size being dictated. Some pics are best left larger and some are best small for speed of download.
That's my opinion but I will leave any final word from the more tech savvy.
Last edited by Bretts on May 2nd, 2012, 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's too bad your in such a hurry cause the stories I could tell you, Bushels and baskets of stories, hole crates full of stories. But if you can spare a moment I will tell you one story.
bodhidharma
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: English Elm
Bonsai Age: 24
Bonsai Club: goldfields

Post by bodhidharma »

Ben10000 wrote:Yep that's my whinge for the day, maybe i'll start my own bonsai forum??? LOL!!!!!!!!!
I look forward to it.And remember..actions speak louder than words. :whistle:
"Advice is rarely welcome, and the one's who need it the most welcome it the least"
bonsaiginseng
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: ficus ginseng
Bonsai Age: 5

Post by bonsaiginseng »

im struggling to actually post any picture's here...how exactly do i do it?
http://www.bonsaiginseng.net Everything you need to know.
kcpoole
Perpetual Learner
Perpetual Learner
Favorite Species: Maple
Bonsai Age: 15
Bonsai Club: the School Of Bonsai

Post by kcpoole »

Ben10000 wrote:Trying to upload pics??? I mean why do we have to resolve to writing scripts, and crap to upload a picture, also why is there such a small limit to file size, when uploading in a personal gallery account? All I'm saying is people these days take photo's from their phone and are at a certain size, with the increasing speeds of internet connections and the decreasing cost of storage (hard drives) cant the website allow larger filesize uploads? to keep up to the changing pace of what is the Interweb. LOL

Yep that's my whinge for the day, maybe i'll start my own bonsai forum??? LOL!!!!!!!!!!
Ah dunno what you on about, but there is no filesize limits applied to AusBonsai?
The only limit is what people will bother to look at, I resize all mine to 800x600 out of courtesy for others, but If i wanted I coul upload atht e 3000x2000 dpi my camera natively produces.

I would not expect anyone to wait for images that size to load tho as I will not myself. I am on a good quality 5Mb + internet link here, and I woud not wait that long to see anyone elses/ photos of that size :-).
Try this wiki link ( https://www.ausbonsai.com.au/wiki/index. ... lay_online ) on how to resize images and if you happen to use Linux as you OS, you can jut right click any image to resize it from you file manager :-) :tu:
If anyone want to write the same process for Iphone, ipad, Android, then I will gladly upload the howto to the wiki.

As for howto post images, underneath the Reply Window below you will see a tab to "upload attachment". Clkick that and browse to your images on your hard disk and click upload. Takes only 3 clicks of the mouse to upload a picture

Ken
Last edited by kcpoole on May 7th, 2012, 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out our Wiki for awesome bonsai information www.ausbonsai.com.au/wiki
What is Bonsai? http://www.ausbonsai.com.au/wiki/index.php?title=Bonsai
What should I do now? http://www.ausbonsai.com.au/wiki/index.php?title=Newbie
How do I grow a Bonsai? http://www.ausbonsai.com.au/wiki/index. ... _a_Bonsai?
Visit a Bonsai nursery to see some real nice trees http://www.ausbonsai.com.au/wiki/index. ... _Nurseries
Ben10000
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by Ben10000 »

The file is too big, maximum allowed size is 1 MiB.

I get this error everytime i try upload a pic using the instructions given with the upload tab dont know why??? correct me if im wrong but i think i have read somewhere that you have to get permission to upload images at larger size?
Ben10000
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by Ben10000 »

2012-03-31 15.20.53.jpg
Well yeah i'm almost certain there's an upload limit file size to 1 mb, image attached has been re-sized to 99.4kb
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ben10000
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by Ben10000 »

397kb file testing
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ben10000
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by Ben10000 »

bonsaiginseng wrote:im struggling to actually post any picture's here...how exactly do i do it?
My operating system is Vista, you have to resize the file to be less than 1MB = 1000KB if were talking dpi that relates to dots per inch and does not necessarily dictate the size of the file. I've attached some screen shots on how to resize your files
for those running osx for apple sorry cant help you.
Ben10000
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by Ben10000 »

Convolued dammm convolusion if there is such a word, the order of the instructional images are from the bottom up.

Return to “Test forum”