Swamp cypress bronzed leaves

Forum for discussion of Deciduous bonsai – Maples, Crabapple, Hornbeam, Elm species etc.
ramathaham
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Age: 0

Swamp cypress bronzed leaves

Post by ramathaham »

Hey all, this is one of my swamp cypress from my pre bonsai collection and it seems to have bronzed or redish leaves.

It's growing strongly and the new growth looks good but anyone have any idea what is going on here? ImageImageImage

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
jimmi
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Re: Swamp cypress bronzed leaves

Post by jimmi »

Hi ramathaham, I can't say for sure, but when mine is in leaf I keep it well fertilised with rooster booster and also alternate between charlie carp and powerfeed liquid ferts once a week, and keeping it well watered. Hope this helps.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ramathaham
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by ramathaham »

jimmi wrote:Hi ramathaham, I can't say for sure, but when mine is in leaf I keep it well fertilised with rooster booster and also alternate between charlie carp and powerfeed liquid ferts once a week, and keeping it well watered. Hope this helps.
Yeah I fertilise weekly at the moment with seasol and Charlie carp and my other swamp cypress doesn't have the same issue. Could be afertiliser issue though

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
baldtwitlion
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Age: 10

Post by baldtwitlion »

Hi ramathaham
I have also had this bronzing of the leaf but it hasnt caused any problems or damage as such it seems quite common to the plant i have

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Peter KB
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: figs jbp
Bonsai Age: 30
Bonsai Club: Urrimbirra / Illawarra

Post by Peter KB »

Hello Ramathaham my experience with swamp cypress is the red colour on the leaves is from drying, out I keep mine in ferlilised water for about eight months of the year cheers Peter

Return to “Deciduous”