First time propagating seeds

Forum for discussion of Deciduous bonsai – Maples, Crabapple, Hornbeam, Elm species etc.
shibui
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: trident maple
Bonsai Age: 41
Bonsai Club: Albury/Wodonga; BSV; Canberra; VNBC

Re: First time propagating seeds

Post by shibui »

They will probably respond to liquid fert every 2 weeks at this stage. Treeman mentioned earlier that some look a bit undernourished. You can also add some extra slow release to the tray which helps make up for when you forget or don't get around to fertilising often enough :palm:
As mentioned earlier there is no set time to prick out seedlings. They will happily grow together in the seed tray for a year or 2 if you don't get around to doing anything but they will definitely grow better in individual pots.
http://shibuibonsai.com.au/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
BB Brian
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Chinese Elm
Bonsai Age: 3
Bonsai Club: School of Bonsai

Re: First time propagating seeds

Post by BB Brian »

shibui wrote:They will probably respond to liquid fert every 2 weeks at this stage. Treeman mentioned earlier that some look a bit undernourished. You can also add some extra slow release to the tray which helps make up for when you forget or don't get around to fertilising often enough :palm:
As mentioned earlier there is no set time to prick out seedlings. They will happily grow together in the seed tray for a year or 2 if you don't get around to doing anything but they will definitely grow better in individual pots.
Thank you shibui, I've applied liquid fert this morning and have added some slow release that I purchased from bonsai south on top for now as not sure when I can get around to repotting all seedlings. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Ambition without knowledge, is like boat on dry land" - Miyagi
IG: @bonsaibuzz #bonsaibuzz

Return to “Deciduous”