Poinciana

Forum for discussion of Deciduous bonsai – Maples, Crabapple, Hornbeam, Elm species etc.
Guptachang
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: figs
Bonsai Age: 20

Poinciana

Post by Guptachang »

Gift from my neighbour and not sure about what needs to be done next
Bougy Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Bougainvillea, Ficus and Swamp Cypress
Bonsai Age: 4
Bonsai Club: Bimer

Re: Poinciana

Post by Bougy Fan »

Just put it in the ground and thicken up the trunk :lol:
Regards Tony

"The problem with quotes found on the Internet is that it's hard to be sure of their authenticity." Abraham Lincoln
Raging Bull
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Pines
Bonsai Age: 5
Bonsai Club: Gold Coast-Tweed

Re: Poinciana

Post by Raging Bull »

A picture would help :whistle: . But here is an Idea,- if it's still only a thin stick you can wire the trunk into an interesting shape. When young & thin I've found them to be very easy to bend. I dug (scooped up, actually) a number of seedlings that had sprouted from leaf litter under a poinciana tree when they were only a few days old last summer. Put them into pots and a couple of weeks later started wiring them in different shapes. The pic I've included shows one with three trunks that I'm trying to fuse together. The wire has been removed over winter and I've defoliated them as we're having such a warm winter they weren't losing their leaves, but I want them to grow new shoots and hopefully ramify. :fc: The two little ones on the sides of the pot were bonus, they grew from the litter I transferred into the pot with the intended plants. I guess you could call them freeloaders :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Deciduous”