Japanese maple issue - disease? Insects?

Forum for discussion of Deciduous bonsai – Maples, Crabapple, Hornbeam, Elm species etc.
treeman
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: any
Bonsai Age: 25

Re: Japanese maple issue - disease? Insects?

Post by treeman »

="shibui"]
Treeman has referred to mites as a possible cause.
Not a ''possible'' cause. Absolutely THE cause. (Thrips that is not mites) And the only way to effectively control them is with a systemic chemical - which is now as rare as hen's teeth.
You can still get Imaclorprid on line. But Malathion seems to work pretty well also.
Last edited by treeman on November 27th, 2018, 9:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mike
AndrewAustralia
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Juniper
Bonsai Age: 4

Post by AndrewAustralia »

Thanks all for the advice. I've sprayed with eco neem tonight because one of my young junipers has some mites. Not sure if this will impact the maples. But eco neem is pretty good just FYI.

I'll see if I can grab some products online. :)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
kimmysawi
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Age: 0

Post by kimmysawi »

AndrewAustralia wrote:Thanks mate. Can't seem to find Confidor at Bunnings or the other products in the older post. E
Will eco neem do the trick, or Rose Spray? I did find white oil insecticide in my garage. Thoughts?

My only other query is - do I just pinch off the new growth that has been damaged? I worry my maple will stop sprouting new growth....?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk learn more about V Tight Gel here

Have nothing to say much but just to be on the safe side. :fc:
kimmysawi
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Age: 0

Post by kimmysawi »

AndrewAustralia wrote:Thanks mate. Can't seem to find Confidor at Bunnings or the other products in the older post. E
Will eco neem do the trick, or Rose Spray? I did find white oil insecticide in my garage. Thoughts?

My only other query is - do I just pinch off the new growth that has been damaged? I worry my maple will stop sprouting new growth....click on the link for learn how it works ?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
This is the best among those disease and that insects :(

Return to “Deciduous”