Boxwood Forest

Forum for discussion of Evergreen bonsai – Buxus, Cotoneaster, Olive etc.
Thymetraveller
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Trees!
Bonsai Age: 6

Boxwood Forest

Post by Thymetraveller »

This is my first forest, and I'm really happy with it!
I was inspired by several buxus groups I had seen online, and one in particular on this forum.
2016-02-20 21.36.56.png
#2 tree was an ealy purchase and served as my "hack it and whack it" tree; can I make a jin? How far will this bend....crack...ok, what happens if I chop off a big branch? You get he picture.
Then I spotted the #1 tree at Bonsai Art, Terrey Hills and saw how the trunks would fit together...
2016-01-27 17.40.52.png
I stared at them for about three months, acquiring a few smaller trees along the way and playing an endless game of chess to work out what would go where before taking the plunge...
20160220_112610.png
I have since shortened the rather clumsy jin on the left so it doesn't drag your eye out of the frame
20160220_151359.png
I am spending far too much time sitting and contemplating my little forest which is , after all, what it's all about :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Thymetraveller on February 29th, 2016, 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Watto
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Plum
Bonsai Age: 0
Bonsai Club: Goulburn Bonsai Society

Re: Boxwood Forest

Post by Watto »

That is what bonsai is all about, inspiring artists to create. Thanks for posting.
Check out my blog at http://www.ausbonsai.com.au/blog/Watto" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
bodhidharma
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: English Elm
Bonsai Age: 24
Bonsai Club: goldfields

Post by bodhidharma »

A great start TT. Be aware that box are slow so it will take a while to come together for you, but it will. If it helps, i am pretty sure they are Japanese box (Buxus mycrophylla)
"Advice is rarely welcome, and the one's who need it the most welcome it the least"
Andreas
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Juniper
Bonsai Age: 20

Post by Andreas »

Nice arrangement, looking forward to see the progression.

Return to “Evergreen”