A pine

Forum for discussion of Pines, Junipers, Cedar etc as bonsai.
Guy
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: juniper
Bonsai Age: 15

Re: A pine

Post by Guy »

for me I don't see any real value in any part above about 400 mm from the bottom--so I would do a low trunk chop as soon as possible to allow it to begin the healing process and strengthening of the low growth straight away --but of course before now my impatience has killed a few trees :shock:
MattA
Banned
Banned
Favorite Species: Lichen
Bonsai Age: 26
Bonsai Club: Killing Trees Inc..

Post by MattA »

Gareth,
Your in good company, I dont know what i am doing either, sometimes I get away with it but mostly it shows :palm:
Give it a crack :lost: I thought thats what i was supposed to avoid :lol:

Guy,
Normally that would be my first course.... chop chop chop... for some reason i thought better of it, maybe seeing all the layers everyone is doing & with a trunk this long & thick why not try for a couple pieces of stock instead of one. Any extra's are freebies as this was so cheap to be comic... If they fail there is nothing lost but a bit of time & I may even learn from it ;)

Matt
42 Mice ~Imperfection
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards." ~ Vernon Sanders Law
"All the knowledge I possess everyone else can acquire, but my heart is all my own." ~ Johann Wolfgang Von Goeth
"Bonsai becomes great when growers start trees they know they will never see in a pot"
Andrew F
Crafty Tanuki
Crafty Tanuki
Favorite Species: Pest species.
Bonsai Age: 5
Bonsai Club: N/A

Post by Andrew F »

[s]How dare you Matt![/sarcasm]
MattA
Banned
Banned
Favorite Species: Lichen
Bonsai Age: 26
Bonsai Club: Killing Trees Inc..

Post by MattA »

As this is my only pine after 20 odd years, I decided not to waste another 2 waiting for layers...
chop chop chop :twisted:
R0016127rz.jpg
For now it can start healing and the wood drying out while I decide if I go lower or not...

Matt
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
42 Mice ~Imperfection
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards." ~ Vernon Sanders Law
"All the knowledge I possess everyone else can acquire, but my heart is all my own." ~ Johann Wolfgang Von Goeth
"Bonsai becomes great when growers start trees they know they will never see in a pot"

Return to “Pines and Junipers”