Lebanese cedar styling

Forum for discussion of Pines, Junipers, Cedar etc as bonsai.
pureheart
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Maple
Bonsai Age: 3
Bonsai Club: Bonsai Northwest

Re: Lebanese cedar styling

Post by pureheart »

Matthew wrote:
pureheart wrote:Just beautiful Matthew !!!

I do have a Lebanese cedar and I absolutely love it! yours looks healthier than mine, I do have few dry needles on it, do you have any suggestions on what they like most? How much sun? How much water ? Fertiliser?
What not to do? This will be the first year that I’ll repot it and I’ll be very careful as everyone is mentioning how delicate they are with roots.... would it be dangerous to wash out the old soil with a jet of water?

Native to there own environment they grow high altitude with hot summers and very wet winters . I have found mine enjoys some summer protection. It gets part shade for the hot summer arvo sun . It also seems to enjoy been moist in summer and ive never had any root issues in the 9 years ive owned this tree . I fertilise basically every two weeks in the gorwing season a mixure of liquid (nitrosol) and slow release (replace 3-4 times a year ) As mentioned be careful with how much root mass you remove at once and I wouldn't wash out old soil maybe just tease the rootball but Mike, leigh, Grant Bowie proberly have more experience with this species.

Thanks!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Matthew I’ve read in the thread below that it is recommended to report on hot days? When do you repot?

Juniper & Cedar - Tranplanting and Bare-rooting
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_ ... are_type=t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Pines and Junipers”