A juniper.

Forum for discussion of Pines, Junipers, Cedar etc as bonsai.
Asus101
Just a product
Just a product
Bonsai Age: 0
Bonsai Club: SA Bonsai Soc.

A juniper.

Post by Asus101 »

I don't like posting tree's, not until I have something to really post anyway.

I decided I needed to practices my wiring, and had been given a few small junipers. Nothing too exciting, but something to play with none the less.
With this I was thinking about doing a cascade but have decided that I cant get enough movement into the middle section of the trunk as dramatic as the base.
I thought about a semi cascade and feel it could be pulled off. If it was to go that way I would want to bring the foliage pad above the pot, while having the trunk drop down below the pot rim.

I know I need to branch select, and the very first branch I am planning to wire up and allow grow so I might Jin it (think Walter pall's famous scotts pine)

Forgive the blur....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Young and hostile but not stupid.
Asus101
Just a product
Just a product
Bonsai Club: SA Bonsai Soc.

Re: A juniper.

Post by Asus101 »

I think I might cut back shorter and start pushing new movement and taper in the middle section.

I am very interested in the thoughts and Ideas of others.
Young and hostile but not stupid.
Joel
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: A yet to be found native
Bonsai Club: The School of Bonsai

Re: A juniper.

Post by Joel »

Hi Ben,

What type of juniper is it?

Personally, i prefer the arc at the top of the cascade to be on an angle that is not so sharp, so that it looks as if the weight of the snow and the wind has gradually forced the leader down. That is just my personal preference however.

As for the middle section; perhaps you could use vet wrap, string, raffia etc and apply another piece of wire?

JayC

Return to “Pines and Junipers”