Alpineart's Pine

Forum for discussion of Pines, Junipers, Cedar etc as bonsai.
pjames
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Junipers and Pines
Bonsai Age: 4

Alpineart's Pine

Post by pjames »

I had the chance to visit and see Alpineart's bonsai collection yesterday and I brought home 2 trees including this pine.

This pine has a good movement from the base and has plenty of branches to choose from. I was more interested of the movement. I used Annealed Copper Wire (available at Bonsai Shire fb page) to bend the branch to follow the trunk movement. This is how it came up after work.

One of the future plans is to move the big branch (with raffia) closer to the trunk.

Thanks again Alpineart!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pjames
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Re: Alpineart's Pine

Post by pjames »

After photo
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
alpineart
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Pinus Maples
Bonsai Age: 26
Bonsai Club: Ausbonsai

Post by alpineart »

Hi pjames , mate it was a pleasure to meet you and a very inspirational morning talking styles and bonsai in general .

Now do you know how long it took to grow that pine it was collected with 2 little needles most like with the seed cap still on :palm: , and you ripped its clothes and tortured it :D ,

I might just let you come back and hack a few of mine into shape :worship: :tu: , well done .

Cheers Alpine
pjames
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by pjames »

It was indeed a great productive morning. Next time i'll stay longer, we might be able to start working on that big juniper :D

There was an easier way to style this tree to a traditional style but I went to the more complicated way and I hope I made the right decision. When you come to my place, i'll show you why I hack a lot of branches and leave few. How I style my trees is a bit weird at first but it will show results in couple of years.

Can't wait for this pine to develop in years to come.

Cheers
alpineart
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by alpineart »

Hi pjames , mate I'm keen to see some of your tree's up close and personal , I certainly like your style ;) .

There's plenty of big Junipers around here that haven't had the attention the deserve , but life a balancing act with all this stock and there's always tomorrow .I know with a bit of inspiration from you my attitude will certainly change . Hopefully things will be a bit organized around here with all the construction works completed and tree's sorted .

Thanks for posting this I certainly appreciate it .

Cheers .Alpine
pjames
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by pjames »

No worries! I'm more than happy to help to work on your big junipers if time permits.

Since I don't have big Pines and Junipers, I help refine or restyle big trees for our local club members that were previously used as demo trees or brought to a workshop with international demonstrators :D They ended up me restyling or working on them.

Here are some of them.
1. Before and After Japanese Black Pine
2. Juniper
Matthew
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: pines and maples
Bonsai Age: 17
Bonsai Club: none

Post by Matthew »

pjames wrote:No worries! I'm more than happy to help to work on your big junipers if time permits.

Since I don't have big Pines and Junipers, I help refine or restyle big trees for our local club members that were previously used as demo trees or brought to a workshop with international demonstrators :D They ended up me restyling or working on them.

Here are some of them.
1. Before and After Japanese Black Pine
2. Juniper
Great work on those trees.i like both of them alot
pjames
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by pjames »

They are good stock to work with and it is a rare chance for me to work trees like this.
alpineart
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by alpineart »

Hi pjames , That pine and juniper are very nice , you certainly have a unique talent . Look forward to attending your club show and catching up again .

Cheers . Alpine

Return to “Pines and Junipers”