Need help with this juniper plz

Forum for discussion of Pines, Junipers, Cedar etc as bonsai.
Joe.sab
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Azalea
Bonsai Age: 6

Need help with this juniper plz

Post by Joe.sab »

Hi guys this is first time to post here,
I got this juniper three months ago did it in this shape and was very happy with it after one month
I think i repotted it again and fertilise it ,last three weeks start to get yellow and look like dead
Don’t know the name of it but I think squamata and don’t know how to save it .
Any help would be appreciated
Joe
Trying to upload the picture on the website but refuse because says too pig i put it on my google drive you can use it until I figure out how to attach it here.
Cheers
https://postimg.org/image/6u9q81l1j/

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Tsjbf ... Ov9MyObbyU
Last edited by Joe.sab on November 23rd, 2017, 12:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kevin
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Age: 30

Re: Need help with this juniper plz

Post by Kevin »

Hello Joe,

Welcome to AusBonsai.

Uploading Images:
It appears you have worked out the "attaching Images" procedure and are only getting rejected due to "Image too Big". This is easily remedied - the maximum file size when uploading is 1mb but a file size of 500kb or less is better for most members, due to individual network restrictions.
So to resize your images on a Desktop is to use Paint - right click on your image and select open with Paint, select resize, select pixels and type in 800 horizontal, then Save As back to your desired folder.
If your computer is not Windows another program to use is "Image Resizer"- again right click on your image and Open with Image Resizer and follow the above procedure. "Image Resizer" is easily downloadable if your computer doesn't already have this program.

Your Juniper:
I'm quite concerned when magnifying your above image to maximum, it appears you have ringbarked the trunk like you do when you're ground layering.
If this is correct - the ringbarking - you will need to quickly learn how to ground layer very quickly. There are many good posts describing this procedure already documented, just use the AusBonsai's search button (top right of screen).

Please correct me if i'm wrong.

Good luck,
Kevin
Last edited by Kevin on November 23rd, 2017, 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keep Calm and Ramify
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Age: 0

Post by Keep Calm and Ramify »

Kevin wrote:
Your Juniper:
I'm quite concerned when magnifying your above image to maximum, it appears you have ringbarked the trunk like you do when you're ground layering

Please correct me if i'm wrong.

Good luck,
Kevin
:wave: Kevin - I think what your seeing as ringbarking is actually a small hut or shrine? decoration placed in front of the tree's trunk line.(I may be wrong?)

:wave: Joe - your photo shows the tree quite healthy looking IMO. I'm gathering the photo is not a recent one showing the yellowing problem your mentioning? Maybe a more recent pic of the plant's health uploaded as per Kevin's instructions above, would be beneficial to help diagnose.
Kevin
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Age: 30

Post by Kevin »

Thanks KCAR,

Ignore my earlier comments about ringbarking Joe.
I can see a little hut now, should use my glasses more often.

I also agree that your tree looks quite healthy in the images above.

Kevin
Joe.sab
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by Joe.sab »

Hi guys yes i fuger out how to upload photos, going to include recent picture , about the ringbarked thing to be honest I don’t know what that is I search the website but got nothing, if this is like breaking the treeso it’s not , the tree was nearly this shape so I haven’t done much pruning and curvature with it , it was very healthy after one month starts to get yellow may be i got watering problem I water it every day at 7 pm I don’t know if this right or not or maybe because I’ve rebooted twice one after another!
Thanks guys for your response appreciate it
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
shibui
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: trident maple
Bonsai Age: 41
Bonsai Club: Albury/Wodonga; BSV; Canberra; VNBC

Post by shibui »

Photos are there. Great work.
Sorry to say but I think your juniper is dead. By the time junipers turn yellow they are past saving.

Most often this is from not enough water. I don't know how you water but a quick water does not always soak into the soil so the pot gets drier and drier every day even though you are putting water on each day. Need to water really well and maybe soak the pot each week.
Sometimes this can be from too much water. Sounds funny that the same result can be from opposites but keeping the roots wet all the time can cause fungus to rot the roots. When roots are rotted the tree cannot take up water so it dies of thirst just like the soil is dry.
We have also been seeing yellow junipers caused by bugs sucking the leaves but it is too late to save this one anyway.

Ringbark - in the first photo the little hut made it look like the bark was peeled off the trunk. Peeling the bark will kill the tree but it was just our old eyes and the way your photo was taken so no need to worry about ringabark.
http://shibuibonsai.com.au/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Pearcy001
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Natives and Exotics
Bonsai Age: 0

Post by Pearcy001 »

Hi Joe. Sorry to say but it's another vote for dead from me.

When you repotted it did you take much roots off? Did you bare root the tree at repotting or leave some soil on? Also you said you "repotted it again". How many times have you repotted it recently?

You also said you repotted then fertilised. Do you mean immediately after? When you repot you should not fertilise for around 6 weeks or the fertiliser could damage the new roots.

Cheers,
Pearcy.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
Last edited by Pearcy001 on November 23rd, 2017, 8:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Joe.sab
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by Joe.sab »

Hi guys,
I thought so it’s dead already :( it was very nice shape but I’m here to learn from my mistakes and everyone else, bonsai it’s too hard to take care but it’s worth it, every day I learn something new about bonsais, thanks guys for answers,
Thanks kevin,keep calm,shibui,Pearcy001
Cheers

Return to “Pines and Junipers”