Black Pine 2

Forum for discussion of Pines, Junipers, Cedar etc as bonsai.
Asus101
Just a product
Just a product
Bonsai Age: 0
Bonsai Club: SA Bonsai Soc.

Re: Black Pine 2

Post by Asus101 »

anttal63 wrote:
Asus101 wrote:Oh? You have learned some things?
Please share, its good to share information with the community!
http://bonsainut.com/forums/showthread.php?t=935 :P :lol: now careful with that info it could be dangerous in the wrong hands thats why there's so much crap written out there. :lol:
Thats only one person's success. I know of people who have attempted here in Australia who did it, but it too two growing seasons.
the younger the pine the faster it works.
Its good info, it proves a pine can be done
Last edited by Asus101 on December 16th, 2008, 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Young and hostile but not stupid.
anttal63
Bend me twist me
Bend me twist me
Bonsai Age: 14
Bonsai Club: MYCLUB

Post by anttal63 »

graydon is one of many that have this success and they have been around bonsai longer than you and i. you need to do a lot more trees before you share that kind of clout and maybe so do the people you know. as someone stated earlier!!!. plenty of wannabe's out there. :D
Regards Antonio:
Asus101
Just a product
Just a product

Post by Asus101 »

But you have to take growing conditions into effect.
One cant take a technique used in America and claim it to have the same effect here.
No one here has said anything about wannabe's (and if we did, we would have been talking of people who will get one master to work on a tree, only to insult his work by getting another master to work on the same tree at a later date), and those people I know of who have done pine airlayers, have done so successfully.

Graydon lives in higher humidity. Here in we only have one are that would get the same level of humidity as he does. That alone would play a much bigger role in the speed at which it produces roots. There is no special thing he did, besides the usual technique of airlayering. He used no special hormone mix, no special soil additive, no special voodoo dance.
We already know that humidity plays a big part in plant growth and development, and that is a good example of it.

Oh dont forget that at about 40*C most if not all plants will shut down. It maybe why most nursery men around here will not remove a layer if it was started too close to summer untill the next year.
anttal63
Bend me twist me
Bend me twist me
Bonsai Age: 14
Bonsai Club: MYCLUB

Post by anttal63 »

therefor not all info is cut and shut and not all of us live in the desert. :D not sure if there is anything wrong with taking a tree to two different masters; i have and if anyone was offended thats there stiff. im paying for the workshops and its my tree. but i would doubt if a true master would be insulted over that. thats a notion that would come from a wannabe. :D
Regards Antonio:
Asus101
Just a product
Just a product

Post by Asus101 »

But while its not an end to the story, one persons succsess should not be the basis of revolution of technique. Im sure many would have taken that info, tried the same thing in our climates and failed without knowing why.
it should also stand as a reminder that not everything in every article you read should be taken the same way.

As for taking tree's to masters, well, firstly, thats your choice on who you take your trees too, and we where not talking about a person or people in particular,rather the act of taking tree's worked on and styled by a master, to another master. But I think thats a matter of etiquette (or lack of) and should be discussed there in the thread discussing that.
Last edited by Asus101 on December 16th, 2008, 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steven
Site Admin
Site Admin
Favorite Species: [color=green]Casuarina[/color]
Bonsai Age: 15
Bonsai Club: AusBonsai & The School of Bonsai

Post by Steven »

Daiviet_nguyen has an excellent post on air layering a 10 year old JBP - the forum can be read HERE

Steven
Check out the AusBonsai Store ǀ Wiki ǀ Blogs ǀ Gallery ǀ 360˚ ǀ
Remember to be polite and abide by the Spirit and Intent of AusBonsai

Return to “Pines and Junipers”