Pot plant to Yamadori trainer

Forum for discussion of Pines, Junipers, Cedar etc as bonsai.
alpineart
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Pinus Maples
Bonsai Age: 26
Bonsai Club: Ausbonsai

Pot plant to Yamadori trainer

Post by alpineart »

This is a sister plant to the other trainer .A needle juniper costing $8.99
100_6888.jpg
it had multi trunks so i basically twisted them together and tightly wrapped them with wire to help fuse them together .Only the branches that were in the way of the trunks touching were removed .I twisted and contorted the main trunk prior to spiral wrapping the other smaller trunks around it .This prevents snapping of the wired trunks trying to twist after the wiring is finished . Starting at the base
100_6891.jpg
i progress up to the apex manouvoring the trunks as i go and wiring back down to the pot rim to hold the contour until all the wiring is finished
100_6897.jpg
.Then i select a few stronger side branches and wire and twist the for future shari's .All of the remaining foliage will be used in the finished design , several years down the track . Cheers Alpineart
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
alpineart
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Re: Pot plant to Yamadori trainer

Post by alpineart »

I re-potted the plant into a larger pot for now
100_6896.jpg
and will prepare a garden bed for it to reside in for a season or two . Happy bonsai Alpineart
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dario
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Pines,Eng Elm,Cork Oak,Ash,Casuarina,Mels,Box..etc
Bonsai Age: 3

Post by Dario »

Hi Alpine,how is the one coming along? It is probably a little early for an update, but I was just wondering if there is any sign of the trunks starting to fuse etc?
Cheers, Dario.
alpineart
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by alpineart »

Hi Dario , this particular one has been treated like my ex wife . It hasn't gone anywhere as i have completely ignored it :lost: . Mind you its still alive but i checked it this morning ad it has a lot of die back because the wire hasn't been removed and replaced .Its still in the pot :palm: , being a Needle juniper it hasn't had the care as the Sabina's and Shimpaku's get . I will get some pics up today of all the fusing junipers :whistle: .Cheers Alpine

Return to “Pines and Junipers”