Witch's Broom

Forum for discussion of Pines, Junipers, Cedar etc as bonsai.
Webos
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Juniper
Bonsai Age: 0
Bonsai Club: Southern Vic Bonsai Club

Witch's Broom

Post by Webos »

Driving in the country today, I looked across at a mature Radiata and noticed a big witch's broom in the tree. Took a quick shot on my phone then grabbed the real camera and took some photos with that also. Here is the shot from my phone.. Good photos tomorrow.

If only I could get up there and layer that thing off!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Webos on September 7th, 2011, 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dumper
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Age: 0

Re: Witch's Broom

Post by Dumper »

that;s a big witches broom. climb up there and take cuttings. :D
alpineart
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Pinus Maples
Bonsai Age: 26
Bonsai Club: Ausbonsai

Re: Witch's Broom

Post by alpineart »

Hi Webos , a man of you ingenuity should be able to scale that and set a layer ;) . Come on man , pretend it a Bonsai .I find it easy to park the ute underneath and use an extention ladder off the back gives an extra few feet in height :) ..A man must soar to new heights in order to achieve success :P .Bloody long way up there at least 18-20 meters :whistle: , might need a cherry picker .I do have a harness and spurs if you care to strap them on and climb up there . :?: .There is a very nice one up here on a Golden Atlas Cedar that i have been keen to take a closer look at . :reading: Some more pics of this broom might just get me up the tree and into business .I hope you were on one of those drives i suggested a while back .Cheers Alpine

Return to “Pines and Junipers”