blaauw juniper

Forum for discussion of Pines, Junipers, Cedar etc as bonsai.
de_keizer
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: ficus, elm
Bonsai Age: 10

blaauw juniper

Post by de_keizer »

i did a search for blaauw junipers and only found 4 different trees so i figured id post a recent creation for everyone to have a look at. feel free to tell me what you think, good or bad as thats the only way im going to learn. please forgive my wiring i know it a bit shoddy but out of all my junipers this is the only one that bits back while wiring so i wanted it done as quick as possible.

figured since i can id try a video

front2.jpg
side.jpg
back.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GavinG
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Maple
Bonsai Age: 0
Bonsai Club: CBS

Re: blaauw juniper

Post by GavinG »

You have some lovely complex curves in the main trunk, this should end up being a very fine tree.

Just for my 2c worth, the apex branch could possibly come down a bit, so that it's pointing west, along with the main trunk, not going off at a tangent. Maybe the top two branches on the right from the main trunk might end up a bit shorter or lighter? I'm sure you've got plans for where it's going.

Good tree, keep showing us how it goes,

Gavin
de_keizer
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by de_keizer »

thanks im actually some what surprised how it turned out, i never would have thought it would have looked like it does when i bought the stock. it only looks like it does because after i root pruned it it fell over in the pot and i thought oh that looks interesting its funny how these thing happen sometimes. with the apex im going to let the tree grow for a year or 2 to let it recover and to see what other branches grow.
alpineart
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Pinus Maples
Bonsai Age: 26
Bonsai Club: Ausbonsai

Post by alpineart »

Hi de_kiezer , thats a very nice piece of work , i love the movement . It would look even better sitting on my benches , thats for sure . Cheers Alpineart
de_keizer
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by de_keizer »

thanks its always nice to hear that other people not only like youre work but would also like to own it

Return to “Pines and Junipers”