Pomegranate dig

Forum for discussion of Flowering and fuiting bonsai - Azalea, Serissa, Apricot etc.
terryb
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Age: 4
Bonsai Club: SA Bonsai Society; VNBC

Re: Pomegranate dig

Post by terryb »

Keep Calm and Ramify wrote: Very "rooty" - you gotta be happy with that. Good job.
Thanks KCaR, very happy with the roots
Obviously your puppy found it necessary to help fix up some of your mistakes. ;)
I make alot of mistakes then :whistle:
hard1all wrote:Maybe we should compare notes?
This is mine. Quite a bit smaller than yours but I hope that means I may still have some chance of shaping with wire as the growth is not too thick?
It came out of the ground about a month ago. Is putting out growth but my fingers are crossed that it will hold. I think it will.
Mine is red-flowering and they do look spectacular.Good luck with yours.
Hi hard1all,
no idea how these go with wiring, but I'm sure there are a few knowledgeable folks who can chime in. No chance with most of my trunks but all have some movement from trying to reach the light. Smaller trunks seem pretty springy.
I had no trouble settling mine in, so hoping you will have the same success. Mine is orange-flowering. Happy to share further progress and compare notes.
terryb
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Age: 4
Bonsai Club: SA Bonsai Society; VNBC

Re: Pomegranate dig

Post by terryb »

After another year of free growth, time for a cleanup and an attempt at its first styling
12viii18.rotated.jpg
12viii18_1.rotated.JPG
12viii18_2.rotated.JPG
Tried to keep the curves consistent with what was already there. Need to thicken some leaders so they are left long for the moment but don't want it too much higher than the middle trunk. The right thickest trunk was chewed by the dog as mentioned above but looks like it is shooting further down. Once I see what happens I will reduce it further. I may also have wired the back branches a bit flat.

Happy to get any feedback.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Flowering and fruiting”