Brunfelsia pauciflora

Forum for discussion of Flowering and fuiting bonsai - Azalea, Serissa, Apricot etc.
Pierre
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Fig, Tropicals, Bougies, flowering trees
Bonsai Age: 6
Bonsai Club: Bimer

Brunfelsia pauciflora

Post by Pierre »

Hi everyone,

I've had this Brunfelsia for 3 years now. It started as a sucker collected and left recovering in nursery pot. Then it spent almost 2 years in the ground. As these plants do, it shot a few suckers, and now looks like a multi trunks tree. Obviously the journey is only starting, a long journey, but looking forward to it. They take hard root pruning (at least mine, during warm Spring time), and hard pruning (budding all over in a very predictable and consistent way). It is now about 5cm accross the base, and in need of some wiring to get direction and movement going.
Has anyone else been playing with these?
Pierre
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
melbrackstone
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: the ones that live
Bonsai Age: 28
Bonsai Club: Redlands, BIMER, VNBC

Re: Brunfelsia pauciflora

Post by melbrackstone »

I have a potted sucker coming along, but yours is much more advanced... They're very hard to kill when they're growing in the garden, so I'm guessing they're going to be pretty tough as a specimen in a pot...
Peter KB
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: figs jbp
Bonsai Age: 30
Bonsai Club: Urrimbirra / Illawarra

Post by Peter KB »

Thanks for the post Pierre I can get my hands on a few of these from a neighbors garden so now might give them a go Cheers Peter
Pierre
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Fig, Tropicals, Bougies, flowering trees
Bonsai Age: 6
Bonsai Club: Bimer

Post by Pierre »

_20190926_100233.JPG
This little tree got repotted a month or so ago, in a lovely pot from Stephen Cullum. It has well reacted to a fairly severe root pruning, and is now producing many flowers, many more to come. While the hard work is starting now for this little fellow, many flaws and no branching yet, I am really enjoying this specie, and quite surprised not to see more in the potted small tree form..? They have a great natural shape, very perfumed flowers, flower often and readily shoot profusely.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Flowering and fruiting”