bougainvillea from cutting?

Forum for discussion of Flowering and fuiting bonsai - Azalea, Serissa, Apricot etc.
JPG
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Age: 3
Bonsai Club: Bonsai Workshop of WA

Re: bougainvillea from cutting?

Post by JPG »

I thought I'd update on the progress of my bougainvillea cuttings. Almost all of them worked and got some good roots developed.

Here's a couple of photos:

This one I am developing into a cascade. I've potted it up in a slightly unconventional pot...a terracotta wine cooler (made in Italy) which I picked up from my late grandmothers home when she passed away a number of years ago. I thought it would make a good (somewhat sentimental) pot for a cascade (I drilled a drainage hole in the bottom). I'm a bit worried that the end of this one had died back a bit though.
IMG_1018.JPG
This one (the one in the middle) I'd like to develop into an informal upright. I got the pot at the last bonsai society show in Perth. The pot is apparently from an eastern states potter but have no idea who. I realise there is not much taper, but thought I might take the top off and use the long, upper branch as a new leader. The two on either side with the gnomes, are my daughter's (5 and almost 3 years old) who wanted a tree like daddy....hopefully I can keep them alive!
IMG_1017.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by JPG on January 21st, 2015, 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Flowering and fruiting”