Satsuki in a pumice block...

Forum for discussion of Flowering and fuiting bonsai - Azalea, Serissa, Apricot etc.
peterb
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: olive
Bonsai Age: 5

Re: Satsuki in a pumice block...

Post by peterb »

Hey Fredman
I find that amazing that the fever trees are growing well , i thought it was to cold in kiwiland , but i bet you can't get jacarandas to grow there. My brother used to live in PtA before he moved to Kempton loved visiting him when the jacarandas were flowering . you wouldn't want to go fishing on the SA coasts anymore unless you're in a biggish group now, october last year a friend of mine was fishing at umvoti mouth with his missus and they were both shot but survived by pretending to be dead and just lying there while the guys took their fishing tackle and walked away leaving them for dead . He dragged his missus back to blythedale and got help. I'm happy to be here :aussie:
regards
peterb
fredman
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Acacia. Acer. Satsuki.
Bonsai Age: 10

Post by fredman »

Nah its not to cold where I am. I'm in Wellington. The biggest problem here is the vicious winds. Winter the southerly and summer the northerly. The gusts is the ones braking the trees. Its much like Cape town. Even got the same vibe :tu: Love the place !!!
Yeah the fever tree is going great guns. Winter rain is a bit of a challenge for it but so far its very happy. I do have a great looking (the base at least) jacaranda. It to don't like the winter rain, but is progressing good.
Yeah its heart braking to see what they are doing to that beautiful country. To me there is nothing like Africa. We are so blessed to have grown up there in the good days. I don't miss it much (besides the trees and animals) and wont go back even if things do improve. The whole system is rotten starting from the top. I'm a simple man but I do have standards. Those standards are way to low for any self respecting person.... :shake: Talking about fishing. That's the main reason I left. I used to go fishing inland every weekend. Went to the wildest places because that's where the best fishing were. I just couldn't do that anymore. Just became to dangerous. They shoot you while you sleep, just to steal your fishing gear. Even the animals are vary of those barbarians..... :x Nah mate I have the perfect life now. Feel so guilty to leave all the good people behind sometimes.
By the way the name is Freddie :yes:
Last edited by fredman on March 6th, 2015, 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
fredman
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Acacia. Acer. Satsuki.

Post by fredman »

I forgot to add to you... I love how African Acacias close up their leaves at night. They do that to when the sun blazes and when it rains. I love watching my fevers do that even when they are this small. They are spectacular trees mate..... :yes: Nothing like them anywhere..... :hooray:
The tree in the photo I think is the pinnacle when it comes to a Acacia bonsai...!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bamboos
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: natives , figs

Post by bamboos »

Gee wiz
That's a nice tree and an excellent pot ( never thought I'd say that about a white pot ) :imo:
Steve
peterb
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: olive
Bonsai Age: 5

Post by peterb »

Hi Freddie
Oh My OH my!! :hooray: :clap: that is a beautiful tree , you're making me miss Africa my friend that is a perfect miniature acacia hope my trees can look like that one day , sorry it's taken me so long to reply. I normally only get onto the forum when I'm on night shift, yeah I used to go fly fishing in the Drakensberg and up in the eastern Transvaal , and I started salt water up kosi bay and north wouldn't dream of it now :shake: . I really liked wellington when the missus and I stayed there before we caught the ferry south, beautiful part of the world .
regards
peterb

Return to “Flowering and fruiting”