mulberry early budding?

Forum for discussion of Flowering and fuiting bonsai - Azalea, Serissa, Apricot etc.
morrie
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Age: 3

mulberry early budding?

Post by morrie »

i have a couple of mulberry... positively warm winter so far is Brisbane they have started budding before they lost their leaves..
they are also producing these "fruit".. i call them stress berries -never amount to anything and only show up when things are not going so well.
IMG20170729084824.jpg
IMG20170729085246.jpg
i never trust that there won't be a cold snap again in august.. should i re-pot now or wait
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Redsonic
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Ficus, Casuarina
Bonsai Age: 5
Bonsai Club: Redlands

Re: mulberry early budding?

Post by Redsonic »

My mulberry is also budding and fruiting. It hung onto a couple of leaves while the new buds emerged, but has dropped them now.
I wasn't worried about it because the tree in the park nearby is also breaking out in leaves and fruit all over. I'd say they will be fine.
robb63
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: figs & junipers
Bonsai Age: 4

Post by robb63 »

Hi Morrie, how's the garden going, all growing like mad I bet.
This time it seem your mulberry is only slightly ahead of mine in Sydney.
Mostly Brisbane is a month or more ahead with your warmer weather but its been unusually warm here.
Plus all the rain in late summer/early autumn has made for some interesting growth.
The little tree in my pics is a cutting from the larger one and has young fruit developing already.
The older mulberry did not drop its leaves so was defoliated 2 weeks ago before repot. You can see buds
popping on all branches 2 weeks after root reduction. I love how hardy these trees are.
cheers
Bob.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
morrie
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Age: 3

Post by morrie »

I guess I better get on with it then :cool:

Return to “Flowering and fruiting”