Spring is sprung

Forum for discussion of Flowering and fuiting bonsai - Azalea, Serissa, Apricot etc.
Ray M
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Figs, Junipers, Maples, Elms, Pines, Banksias
Bonsai Age: 31
Bonsai Club: The School of Bonsai

Re: Spring is sprung

Post by Ray M »

Hi Shibui,
You've got a crop of colour there mate. The colours up in my part of the world have also been great this year. I have had one of the best crops of Orchids this year, they have flowered very well. The Azaleas have put on a spectacular show. All around my district the Azaleas have looked spectacular. The blossoming trees at home and around the district have looked very beautiful as well. I also like the leaves as they colour. My Crepe Myrtle leaves look very nice as they turn from bud burst to mature leaves, the difference in colour is quite amazing.
By the way, what in the world did you do to your finger????

Regards Ray
Ryceman3
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Pines & Mels
Bonsai Age: 7

Post by Ryceman3 »

Ray M wrote: By the way, what in the world did you do to your finger????
Ha! I was thinking the same thing... looks like that thumb had its own "burst of colour"....!
shibui
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: trident maple
Bonsai Age: 41
Bonsai Club: Albury/Wodonga; BSV; Canberra; VNBC

Post by shibui »

I've forgotten what happened to the thumb. I think I remember dropping a rock on it :lost: Damaged nail is growing out now :)

The orchids here got a hammering from the coldest winter for at least 20 years but still flowering well. Other semi tender plants in gardens around the area that don't usually get affected are also badly burnt, possibly dead but most coming along well. Early azaleas only just starting to flower down here.
I've registered a gingko for the Canberra show. It is in the igloo this week in an attempt to have leaves just starting to open for next weekend. Buds showing green now so :fc:
http://shibuibonsai.com.au/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Firecat
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Squatty
Bonsai Age: 26

Post by Firecat »

Glad you put the forsythia up as now after about 6 years mine has flowered although only small it's good to know what I have.

Return to “Flowering and fruiting”