Adenium Obesum- Desrt Rose

Forum for discussion of Flowering and fuiting bonsai - Azalea, Serissa, Apricot etc.
alpineart
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Pinus Maples
Bonsai Age: 26
Bonsai Club: Ausbonsai

Adenium Obesum- Desrt Rose

Post by alpineart »

These were purchased a few months ago and have spent winter inside , not ideal but they did survive . ! had a damaged leader which died off the other 2 have grown well . I decided to turn the little 1 into a sumo last week
PB140088.JPG
and noticed today the sprouts have began to turn up so I have taken the liberty of tying the other 2 down with some guide wires using pieces of chux as slings to prevent damage
PB140087.JPG
PB140089.JPG
Only the 1 has flowered , time will tell
PB140091.JPG
PB140092.JPG
plenty of buds to open on this one . These will get the olive treatment { flat cut bases } and a repot at the earliest possible time after flowering .

Cheers . Alpineart
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Matthew
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: pines and maples
Bonsai Age: 17
Bonsai Club: none

Re: Adenium Obesum- Desrt Rose

Post by Matthew »

Never thought you would get them to flower here . I had several 1/2 metre plus diameter when in central QLd. Sold them all. They can rot very easily and cut don't heal well if at all .
alpineart
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Pinus Maples
Bonsai Age: 26
Bonsai Club: Ausbonsai

Re: Adenium Obesum- Desrt Rose

Post by alpineart »

Hi Matthew , mate any pics of those roses you had . They flower all right , being desert dwellers I thought they would love the heat here .

Winter care is a tough one but they survived inside , no hope outside even in the hot house .

The cuts were done in winter and are just beginning to roll over , they should be sealed as they are very soft even in the 30 plus heat here now .

The flowering one has opened 1 flower per day over the last 4 days and with 16 buds produced in early spring it looks like it will flower for some time . The 2 others dont have any flower buds but new shoots .

I will keep playing with them for as long as they are green and with a splash of colour .

Cheers .Alpine

Return to “Flowering and fruiting”