Supercell pomegranate!

Forum for discussion of Flowering and fuiting bonsai - Azalea, Serissa, Apricot etc.
Deleros
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Rosmarinus Officinalis
Bonsai Age: 11
Bonsai Club: None

Supercell pomegranate!

Post by Deleros »

Hello from Barcelona!

After a couple of calm months after buying it, I've come back to work with my pomegranate, named Supercell. Name comes after the meteorological being - the supercell, that I have in mind when I started its first design.

This is a resume since bought on September and till now, just to give a piece of background..

The tree was bought in a chinese low-prices commerce, not far from home. And it looks like as bad as this:

A f*****g disaster. It touched me in the heart so I paid 10€ for it and I moved to home to work in some intensive care: 1) unwire 2) transplant into a better substrate.
Nothing to mention about unwire, just been done.
To transplant what I did was to take it out from the garden black land, cut compromised roots, maintain a part of the substrate, improve this one with a part of akadama to gain porosity, and back to the same pot covering with moss to maintain humidity on the roots.

Image Image

Also used this time to put a couple of wires from the bottom of the pot to wire the tree easily and safest for it, as the roots were quite short and the tree was so big for them.
First wire to keep a kinda form, and resting.

In the process I increased the angle of the ichi but I broke off the main trunk!. Merde.

Two months later, first to check was some new branches had grown, the leaves surface doubled.

Broke off had not affected the tree: the green labia of the wound are growing and the living vein is fattening, so scar will be covered in short.

Finally I've put it in the turntable and studied every angle till decide the front of the tree and the structure of the branches and future shape. I attach images without and with photoshop.

Image Image Image Image

Image Image

What do you think? Am I to make it grow with dignity this baby-tree?

Regards!

For further information about Supercell, link to my blog (need to translate):
Origen and first wiring
Compacting

instagram: Deleros Bonsai
Visit me at: El Jardí Petit
Last edited by Deleros on November 23rd, 2018, 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Flowering and fruiting”