Mesmer Eyes

Forum for discussion of Flowering and fuiting bonsai - Azalea, Serissa, Apricot etc.
LLK
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Acacia howittii
Bonsai Age: 25
Bonsai Club: CBS, WCBG

Re: Mesmer Eyes

Post by LLK »

Thank you, Joel, Dave and Ash. I enjoy reading what goes into the breeding of a plant and, in this particular case, I wonder what it took in the way of time and trials, to reach the result of Mesmer Eyes... it must have been a huge amount of both, and makes me appreciate this beautiful little tree all the more.
Glad you like the pot, Ash. It's got a nice satin sheen on it which doesn't come out in the photo.
Dave, good luck with your potensai.
Bodhi, yes, I think the name is a very special one as far as imagination/inspiration is concerned. I find it plain clever, especially since the flowers look as if they had a dark pupil and eyelashes.
Jamie, I have to say that the flowers remind me more of Prunus flowers and as a matter of fact I thought that the second photo was rather like a Chinese or Japanese print.
Thanks all for making this an interesting thread.

Lisa
mugen
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Ficus, Bougy's, Pyracantha, portulacaria afra.
Bonsai Age: 4
Bonsai Club: Ausbonsai

Re: Mesmer Eyes

Post by mugen »

wow looks great !!! kinda like cherry blossoms or plum :D
recently picked one up in the bargain bin at one of my local nursery's liked the look of the trunk, didn't know what the flowers looked like very impressive i must say. :shock:
" Abandon concepts, realize all - Encompass emptiness, and dissolve all duality."

Return to “Flowering and fruiting”