Before the last Apple falls..Malus

Forum for discussion of Flowering and fuiting bonsai - Azalea, Serissa, Apricot etc.
bodhidharma
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: English Elm
Bonsai Age: 24
Bonsai Club: goldfields

Before the last Apple falls..Malus

Post by bodhidharma »

I would like to again share the progression of my Apple tree with you . It had only five apples this year (as compared to heaps last year) and i took off two to leave three. An animal got the first and i prematurely took the second so this leaves the last which is ready to eat. This is a very rewarding tree which flowers and then fruits. It is a water lover and a heavy feeder. Now to eat that lovely last Apple :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Advice is rarely welcome, and the one's who need it the most welcome it the least"
jozaeh
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Elm
Bonsai Age: 2
Bonsai Club: none

Re: Before the last Apple falls..Malus

Post by jozaeh »

oh bodhidharma how jealous I am of your apple tree and it's fruit! That's so great, and the idea of getting to grow a bonsai, and have it produce fruit that you can eat still spins my head, it's just way too cool. My brother and I both have crab apples and when they fruit next we want to make teeny tiny apple pies from their fruit. I so hope we pull it off..

enjoy the munching,
Jozaeh
Matthew
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: pines and maples
Bonsai Age: 17
Bonsai Club: none

Post by Matthew »

Hi bodhi i hope if my apple layer survives it will be anything as nice as yours oneday. do you have a pic of it in blossom? :tu:
bodhidharma
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: English Elm
Bonsai Age: 24
Bonsai Club: goldfields

Post by bodhidharma »

G'day Noah, The short answer is no but i will next flowering. I am always to busy at that time of year with repotting and have never bothered. Next year i will though as i am not going to repot this tree and see how it responds.the tree is about 18 years old and should not need to be repotted yearly.
"Advice is rarely welcome, and the one's who need it the most welcome it the least"

Return to “Flowering and fruiting”