Acacia xanthophloea Koorsboom Fever Tree

Forum for discussion of Tropical bonsai – Ficus, Bougainvillea, Fukien Tea, Dwarf Umbrella etc.
Neli
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Tropical
Bonsai Age: 0
Bonsai Club: Bonsai alaminutte

Acacia xanthophloea Koorsboom Fever Tree

Post by Neli »

I dug it out today...everybody says they throw branches off and are not good for bonsai...but I had to try it...Love the luminescent yellowish green on the trunk. It is so beautiful.
Does anyone have one?
People say the tap root should be reduced in stages...but I did not see many fine roots on the tap root. Most of them were up near the surface. It was planted in a very sandy loose soil so I did not disturb the surface roots at all and just combed them a bit on the outside. This acacia I am told is not good material for bonsai.If root disturbed, it is likely to throw off branches. I believe galpinii and burkei are much easier than this one. So I am not sure if what I did is OK. Only time will show. I also am not sure if I transplanted it at the right time like a deciduous tree, or I was better off transplanting it when it is warm.

Which one do you think should be the front? ABC or D?
And where to chop? Above 1,2 or 3?
I really need help with this one.
A
I ask lots of questions that sound like suggestions. Please remember I am a inquisitive newbie trying to figure out why You made a particular decision, in order to learn.
I started a blog:http://nelibonsai.wordpress.com/2013/07 ... a-nursery/

Return to “Tropical”