Port Jackson Fig

Forum for discussion of Tropical bonsai – Ficus, Bougainvillea, Fukien Tea, Dwarf Umbrella etc.
Peter KB
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: figs jbp
Bonsai Age: 30
Bonsai Club: Urrimbirra / Illawarra

Port Jackson Fig

Post by Peter KB »

Just like to share my PJ fig, quite happy with its progress and responding well to anything I throw at it, thanks also to Kez for his work pre 2016. Now to build on the ramification. Any thoughts welcome Cheers Peter
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
anthonyW
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Figs,Pines.
Bonsai Age: 0

Re: Port Jackson Fig

Post by anthonyW »

Nice work Peter, just some thoughts if your interested, I had play with your tree and put foliage on it to see it better, i used your branching it works for me but if possible a kink to right I think might help to get off the straight bit, either pushing the top half with heavy wire if possible, or use the branch i drew on to change direction, dosen t need a lot, my orange line little bit exaggerated there but you know what I mean I hope,,,,, anyway mate only thoughts, look forward to it leafed up either way.... cheers
phpncu5lHAM.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Peter KB
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: figs jbp
Bonsai Age: 30
Bonsai Club: Urrimbirra / Illawarra

Re: Port Jackson Fig

Post by Peter KB »

Thanks Anthony for the sketch and your suggestions. I agree with what you are saying about the top and did try to bend last year as evident by the green tape, will try again but a different approach next time. The picture probably doesn’t do it justice but glad we are on the same page Cheers Peter

Return to “Tropical”