Bougainvillea, Chapter 2

Forum for discussion of Tropical bonsai – Ficus, Bougainvillea, Fukien Tea, Dwarf Umbrella etc.
jonathanv
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Oak
Bonsai Age: 4

Bougainvillea, Chapter 2

Post by jonathanv »

Hello Everybody

While scrolling through Gumtree one day I found myself a free bougainvillea

I messaged the kind gentleman a few times and after a long day in the office, I swung by his Swan Valley homestead. He had just bought a somewhat historic house right down the street from Bonsai Emporium. The guy's wife was in the hospital having a baby! He didn't seem that concerned lol. "Where do you work" I asked......Do you know the nude beach in Perth, Swanbourne.....I own a fish and chips shops there!!!! Lucky guy I thought, he gets to see naked ladies all day while dishing up fish and chips to hungry people, what a life!!

Well we started to dig together and it just didn't seem to want to budge, we got lazy and pulled it out with the ute

I brought her home and assessed what I had: It wasn't very inspiring, a thick trunk with 10 big branches out the top. I got out my reciprocating saw and but the old girl in half. I planted these both in the ground about a year ago and this spring I put them both in pots.

The orange pot I bought second hand for $25

The Yixing pot I personally imported from China. This is a very high quality pot that I paid about $25 bucks for with shipping. I personally have seen no others like it in Australia

Let me know what you guys think!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Tropical”