GREEN ISLAND FICUS

Forum for discussion of Tropical bonsai – Ficus, Bougainvillea, Fukien Tea, Dwarf Umbrella etc.
BzTouring
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Ficus, Fruit trees
Bonsai Age: 0

GREEN ISLAND FICUS

Post by BzTouring »

:gday:

I recently acquired this Green Island Ficus which is made up of about 6 plants clustered together. It has outgrown its pot and when I am repotting I would like to shape also. I am not familiar with the clump design. Do I remove one of the plants to make it an uneven 5? What would be an appropriate style for this plant? Since most of the branches are leaning to one side I am thinking of semi-cascade. Do you have semi-cascade clump?

ImageGreen Island Ficus 1

ImageGreen Island Ficus 2

ImageGreen Island Ficus Roots
Bougy Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Bougainvillea, Ficus and Swamp Cypress
Bonsai Age: 4
Bonsai Club: Bimer

Re: GREEN ISLAND FICUS

Post by Bougy Fan »

Hi Hazel it would be better if you upload the photos here rather than have a link to flickr. They look more like individual trees that have grown together rather than a multi trunk. I would see if they can be seperated and make individual trees out of them. Others may chime in with different advice. Certainly look like they need repotting anyway. Good luck :fc:
Regards Tony

"The problem with quotes found on the Internet is that it's hard to be sure of their authenticity." Abraham Lincoln
BzTouring
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Ficus, Fruit trees
Bonsai Age: 0

Post by BzTouring »

Thanks for your response. I am having difficulty loading pics on this site, so I chose to off-site. I will make another attempt.

You are correct. They are several plants that are clustered together.
Bougy Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Bougainvillea, Ficus and Swamp Cypress
Bonsai Age: 4
Bonsai Club: Bimer

Post by Bougy Fan »

Resize the photos to make them under 1mb and you won't have any trouble. If they are hosted offsite and you closed your flickr account no one can ever learn from this thread. GI figs are very slow growing so it will be a long process to do something with the trees.
Regards Tony

"The problem with quotes found on the Internet is that it's hard to be sure of their authenticity." Abraham Lincoln

Return to “Tropical”