Digger the Boug

Forum for discussion of Tropical bonsai – Ficus, Bougainvillea, Fukien Tea, Dwarf Umbrella etc.
PeterW
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Digger the Boug

Post by PeterW »

I call this stump Digger cause i collected it on Anzac day. They grow so quickly. i dont waste time with collecting roots with the bougs (or olives) just cut them at the best position i can find. I dig under them a little to see the root structure and if its good and worth the effort i dig enough soil away to alow a free cut with the chainsaw, soak it in super thrive (don't Brett) :D for about 4 or 5 hours or 10 minutes or overnight whatever. Then pot it up somewhere out of the wind and somewhere that it can stay put for a few months without interferance so the roots can get a good start. I water it in with Seasol occasionally, and they tend to grow like crazy. This one is ready to start wiring.
Peter
Hector Johnson
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Age: 0

Re: Digger the Boug

Post by Hector Johnson »

How big is it? Hard to tell without reference.
PeterW
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by PeterW »

Hector Johnson wrote:How big is it? Hard to tell without reference.

Its about 80cm high and about 30cm at the base Hector. Must remember to keep a coke can!
peter
Hector Johnson
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Age: 0

Post by Hector Johnson »

A visual reference point, like a Coke can, is a useful thing to use in photos.
We should make it an AusBonsai unit of measurement.
PeterW
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by PeterW »

Hector Johnson wrote:A visual reference point, like a Coke can, is a useful thing to use in photos.
We should make it an AusBonsai unit of measurement.
A 26oz rum bottle or a xxxx stubbie would be much easier for me to find though Hector....my neighbors drink them and i am sure if i asked nicely they would save me an empty bottle. ;)
Peter

Return to “Tropical”