Semi Cascade Green Island Fig

Forum for discussion of Tropical bonsai – Ficus, Bougainvillea, Fukien Tea, Dwarf Umbrella etc.
PeterW
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Semi Cascade Green Island Fig

Post by PeterW »

This tree was collected in December 2006 along with a few other smaller ones. I know it isnt ready for a pot yet but i just couldnt wait to use this pot. It is made by Penny Davies from Mudlark Pottery with her famous Lichen glaze. I wanted to put some moss on the soil before i posted it but it is raining so much at the moment and i couldnt wait. I want to have (eventually) a lot of different styles of trees in my collection and this is one that i am training as a semi cascade. It has had no training whatsoever yet. I will start to wire it now and get some shape into the primary branches. My goal is to create an apex at the top of the tree (well nothing new there!) and have several smaller apex's down the cascade branch/trunk. The areas where i have removed heavy branches, some i will hollow out (without creating a water vessel) and maybe burn it to finish it. I have another one that is a dummy tree so i might try burning that one first. Long ways to go but its a start.
Peter
Steven
Site Admin
Site Admin
Favorite Species: [color=green]Casuarina[/color]
Bonsai Age: 15
Bonsai Club: AusBonsai & The School of Bonsai

Re: Semi Cascade Green Island Fig

Post by Steven »

Great stock to start with Peter but there is nothing 'semi' about it. Trailing below the bottom of the pot makes it a definite full Cascade.
What a lovely Mudlark pot too! Did you pick that one up when you visited her?

Regards,
Steven
Check out the AusBonsai Store ǀ Wiki ǀ Blogs ǀ Gallery ǀ 360˚ ǀ
Remember to be polite and abide by the Spirit and Intent of AusBonsai
PeterW
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Re: Semi Cascade Green Island Fig

Post by PeterW »

AusBonsai wrote:Great stock to start with Peter but there is nothing 'semi' about it. Trailing below the bottom of the pot makes it a definite full Cascade.
What a lovely Mudlark pot too! Did you pick that one up when you visited her?

Regards,
Steven
Thanks Steven, yes i did pick it up when i was down there. I had a cupboard full of pots of better quality and this one i just wanted to get a tree into. I have a few more of Penny's pots that i would love to get trees into but sadly the trees are not co-operating! When the crown develops more i will cut the cascade branch back further, but you are right it is a cascade at the moment.
Peter

Return to “Tropical”