Ficus religiosa

Forum for discussion of Tropical bonsai – Ficus, Bougainvillea, Fukien Tea, Dwarf Umbrella etc.
Ash0001
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Ficus
Bonsai Age: 7
Bonsai Club: 0

Re: Ficus religiosa

Post by Ash0001 »

Hello guys I'm looking for ficus religiosa plan,seed or cutting if anyone can help me in that plz let me know I'm in Melbourne plz help me
mattjh
Bonsai Age: 0

Post by mattjh »

Hi,

I am also looking for Ficus Religiosa, seeds or cuttings. I am in Brisbane.

Thanks,
Matt
markandrew
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by markandrew »

Im pretty sure that Brisbane Botanic gardens has a few of them. You can be lucky that cockatoos might break off some branches this time of year.
Ash0001
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by Ash0001 »

Hello guys finally i find big ficus religiosa tree in Melbourne i got some cutting as well and i got some seedlings off it i also got Ficus benghalensis ( Banyan) tree. Seedlings as well if any one need im happy to exchange for any other seedling or ur any unwanted tree ...
markandrew
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by markandrew »

Seedlings have recently come back into stock at All Rare Herbs https://www.allrareherbs.com.au/product/bo-tree-plant/ .

I have a few seedlings that I have grown from seed I bought on eBay. The trick to germination is to soak the seeds in water for a day, and then keep the soil temperature up by putting the soil in a warm place but protect from direct sunlight.
bonborn
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Age: 0

Post by bonborn »

[quote="Ash0001"]Hello guys finally i find big ficus religiosa tree in Melbourne i got some cutting as well and i got some seedlings off it i also got Ficus benghalensis ( Banyan) tree. Seedlings as well if any one need im happy to exchange for any other seedling or ur any unwanted tree ...[/quote

Hi I sent you a pm. Let me know if not received. Says sent but still sitting in outbox.
Ash0001
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by Ash0001 »

Hi i didn't receive any message.
Matthew
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: pines and maples
Bonsai Age: 17
Bonsai Club: none

Post by Matthew »

Ive got indian banyan (Ficus benghalensis ) growing in NE vic for last seven years . The damn thing has tolerated the cold well. Last year I had two -7 nights that cooked my willow leafs even in my hot house but my banyan had not a leaf damaged and was fruiting :o
markandrew
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by markandrew »

I bought a packet of seeds from eBay and a large number germinated and I've put them into individual pots. I'm trying to sell some on gumtree. I was surprised because I've bought seeds before and they have failed.

This time I:

1. soaked the seeds in a jar of water for 2 days. I started with warm water.
2. planted the seeds in a plastic seed propagator with a lid that I got from Bunnings.
3. I put the propagator in another tray that filled with water so that the soils was very wet.
4. Put in the sun, but put ceramic tiles over the top to protect from direct sunlight but make it hotter.
5. after the seeds germinated, I added fertiliser to the water.

They grew like crazy.

Return to “Tropical”