[ID] Herbage - Native to NSW Southern Tablelands

Forum for requesting identification of unknown species. Please read the Sticky on requirements prior to posting.
Jan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: natives, wisterias
Bonsai Age: 12
Bonsai Club: AusBonsai, Goulburn Bonsai

[ID] Herbage - Native to NSW Southern Tablelands

Post by Jan »

Help please. I've tried looking for Native Herbage listings for the NSW Southern Tablelands online but am having no success.

I'm trying this little Aus. Native as a potential bonsai and so far, so good. It has survived collection from our paddock and is making new growth. I've potted it into a gravel mix with some of its original soil (for the natural soil fungi/bacteria/herbs&spices) and put it into a soft (humid/moist) environment to recover/establish. :fc:

Specs: Leaf Shape – Linear, Leaf arrangement – Simple opposite, Leaf tips – Acuminate, Leaf attachment – Sessile?, Crown shape – Vase to Funnel shape (sparce), Habit – Ascending (but low and wide), Growing wild in Clay conglomerate soil (acid).

As you'll see it is tiny (note the 50c coin in the image), has very tiny, fine leaves and a dark brown smoothish bark.
20230103_130223 Plant.jpg
20230103_130306 Bark.jpg
20230103_130329 Leaf.jpg
Thanks,

Jan.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Species Identification”